Need help with Biostar X370GTN. motherboard

broddy

Limp Gawd
I need help with biostar itx!!!! I built it this morning, no post. I think Biostar uses AMI BIOS so I installed the little speaker and of course...there were a few beep sound. 3 short beeps and 1 short pulse, then 8 short beeps. I looked up AMI BIOS code...3 short beeps are for memory and 8 short beeps are for display read/write memory error.
My Ryzen is R7 1700 that I bought from Kyle...I dont see any bent pin or defect and it was tested fine by Kyle.

I'm using Gskill fortis 2666 2x 8GB which is meant for Ryzen... I cross tested the memory individually and in both slots..still no go.... For anyone using this board or other Biostar board, which memory did you buy and any problem? I think I need to buy another pair and try out first before I say this board is defective. Thanks.

EDIT: ignore previous HDMI comment. Thank you.

Last edited:
hdmi cable from the motherboard or gpu?

clear cmos then try one slot.

also try it on a cardboard box just in case.

hdmi cable from the motherboard or gpu?

clear cmos then try one slot.

also try it on a cardboard box just in case.

Please ignore the HDMI cable comment. I cant replicate just 3 beeps. Now I only get 3 beeps and 1 short pulse then 8 beeps.

I tried to clear CMOS per manual, no go :(

In almost exact same situation. Also bought a 1700 from Kyle and got this board a few days ago. I cannot, for whatever reason, get any video out to my monitor. I hooked it up to the TV in the living room and it works fine. You might try that.

Mine booted!!!!! Motherboard is fine. It was the memory!!!! I bought a new pair of Adata with 2400 instead of 2666 and it booted right up. So the MB was throwing the right code,

Back