Need help with $500 system for friend.

USMC_Grunt

Gawd
My friend wants me to build him a box for around $500. I'm sure it could go up a little bit. He is into photo editing and graphics and stuff. Now I have never built a system around that so I have no idea what I should get, which is the reason I am asking for help. Any suggestions?

I'm pretty sure he doesn't do anything too crazy, he told me mostly photoshop. I know he does other stuff but I can't remember. :D Thanx

id go with a amd 2500, 2800, 3000, 3200. the 2500 can go to any of those easy with right cooling and evironment. but if thats it, id say get him 512 of corsair XMS pc3200. If he wants 1gb that'd be fine. Myself i use my comp for grafix, gaming and video. I have 1gb. MSI K7N2 Delta-ILSR or an ABIT AN7 i think that board is called. Im a K7N2 fan. case and fans and PSU is up to you, but thats the performance parts i would recommend.

Note: depending on what you get, you may spend 500$+. but with this rig,
MSI K7N2 Delta-ILSR 110$ (if you want to spend less but still want good performance, id go with the K7N2 Delta-L. which is the mobo i have now. Its got a ultra nforce2 chipset. but does not come with the firewire or raid/sata controller.

amd 2500@ 2800 or more 80$
fan+heatsink if o'ced 30$~
Corsair pc3200 of coarse. 85$
case and PSU:depending on you
any add-ons are up to you. GL

this is tricky, depending on what he already has. becaue it may be hard to build a cheap rig, if he dont have harddrive, OS. :(

Back