Need Help Finding a deal on a GPS

interested

Gawd
Hello everyone.

A few days ago someone posted a wicked deal on a very nice Garmin Nuvi 750 GPS.
Unfortunately for me the site which had the deal, (HSN) would not ship to Canada
(i contacted them and they just wouldent ship it to me)

So I was wondering if anyone else around here in the forums knows of any other good deals, or rebates or sales etc.. to be had on any other good higher end model GPS unit.

I am in the market for one, as i would like to put one in my new car.
I would prefere a portable unit, however i wouldent mind looking at some Double DIN sized in Dash units, if anyone knows of any good deals.

I would also appreciate any comments or recommendations as im new to GPS's and im just starting my research now.
From what i have seen and heard so far from friends they have all recomended Garmin, and one of my friends recommended a pioneer indash model.

i appreciate all the help.

I actually have 4.3" widescreen Mio. I really like it and for just basic navigation, it really works well. It doesn't have any fancy bells and whistles, just maps and POI's. It is also an MP3 player but let's be honest, if you are going to spend the big bucks for one of these, I wouldn't be toting it around as an MP3 player.

For me at least, it is just like a cell phone. Sure, you can get one that will play music, games, browse the internet, etc. but in the end, you use it the most for making and receiving calls. That was kind of my mentality when I was looking for a GPS. The bluetooth, mp3 player, text to speech are all nice things to have, but I really didn't need them. If you think you'll want them, then go for an in dash double din setup. If not, get the cheapest and most reliable hand held you can find and be done with it. Don't get caught up in the extra features because just like the cell phone example, most people don't use them that much.

Just my two cents. Good luck shopping. If you are interested in one like I have, it's the C320 at Radio Shack and is usually on sale for around the $150-$200 mark.

Do you have a price range in mind?

I recently bought a Garmin Nuvi 350 from Amazon for $250 total (no tax, free shipping)

It's a good little GPS with text-to-speech (says street names instead of "turn right in 200 yards") and a 3.5'' screen.

The only problem is that the price in Amazon fluctuates quite a lot, ranging from below $250 to just below $300(which AFAIK is current MSRP)

Garmin Nuvi 350

I don't have any experience with other brands, but so far this Garmin is a pretty solid GPS and I would recommend it. Amazon might have lower-than-other-sites prices on other models, but YMMV depending on luck. The first time I ordered the Nuvi 350 it was at $262 and I cancelled the order twice because the price dropped twice in a space of a few hours. Anyway, hope this helps and GL with your GPS hunting.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back