Need help deciphering some Seasonic hieroglyphs

doubletake

Gawd
Can an eagle-eyed patron saint of [H] help me figure out what the hell this says:

It's what came packed with my RMA'd Seasonic X-1250XM. I sent it in because of a suspected failing 12v rail as the unit would constantly shut down and stay off for about a minute whenever I loaded up my SLI 780s, which would peak just under 600W of consumption. The unit ran fine with just one 780 under load, however I didn't want to risk using it any longer so I swapped it out for a Corsair 850W unit, which solved the problem. I just got this back, and I can confirm it's the same unit I sent out, but I have no idea what this note says besides the "1250xm", "pot" (I assume for hipot?), and "test ok".

Anyone have any idea if this means they just tested it to spec? Anything indicating if it was repaired? I honestly have no idea what to expect from their RMA service as I've never had to send any of their units in, and I've owned/have resold at least 7 by now which have never presented any issues. At least the process was completely painless and fairly speedy, although I'm an idiot and sent in the box (sans cables), and of course they didn't give that back, so I no longer have it should I ever have to pack it up again :(

-EDIT-

Disregard, I'm an idiot and failed to realize that the unit that came in has a VERY SLIGHTLY different serial#, so it's definitely a replacement.

Last edited:
Is the second line the serial # of your particular unit?

The bit underneath test ok looks like a date (at least the 2014 bit)

Is the second line the serial # of your particular unit?

The bit underneath test ok looks like a date (at least the 2014 bit)

Yeah lol, I figured it out and now feel like a complete jackass. I actually edited out the top half of the sheet which included all the mailing info and serial #, but when I went back and looked at it and compared it to the unit that arrived, I now realize that it is in fact a different unit, no idea if new or refurb, but new to me, so I'll be trying it out tomorrow with 780s in 3-way to verify it is problem-free.

Upon further reflection, Seasonic RMA policy states that if the unit they received tests as OK, they won't ship it back to you until you pay them something like $25 for wasting their time. This didn't happen, so obviously I got a legit replacement.

Last edited:
Back