Need Good Download and Upload Monitor Software

rzayas144

n00b
Can anyone tell me the best Download and Upload Monitor Software, I want to monitor all the traffic from the internet and on my LAN.

why don't you be a touch more spesific.... what OS ? and do you want to monitor all your lan traffic ? or maybe you mean to filter for just traffic going to the web ? or your whole network ?

/me take a guess

In windows, to monitor total network traffic (no filtering for destination) , DUmeter works nice.

google it......

monitoring the traffic on the internet would be quite difficult. downloading the internet might be easier ;) :D

but you might want to check out TechTv's screen saver website. I remember that one guy... umm.. The Dark Tipper? Kevin something. He showed a program that monitored network traffic, et cetera.

I'll be hunting it down eventually and using it for when I have a larger then normal LAN. so as to make sure my bandwidth isn't being used for stupid things.

I am running Windows Xp Pro and wanted it to monitor the whole network download and upload for each computer.

Something as simple as MS network monitor or ethereal will give you what you want if you set up the capture filters appropriately. Just make sure you dont set up behind a switch.

i finally checked my link, sorry it doesn't actually monitor network traffic, at least not the way you'd like.

Lets see.... you want to monitor your personal networks usage to the internet ? Why don't you just setup your routing computer to do such ?

To do it on a 3rd computer that isn't filtering/forwarding packets is not going to be an easy task. I would think you would need to capture all the traffic (so you can't use switches), then inturprat it somehow. Sure, you could do it... but using a computer to forward is going to make such a task many times easier.

Back