Need for Speed Carbon: The post your ride thread!

J-M-E

[H]ard|Gawd
Post em up!

Heres my riced piece

ricedo9.jpg

rice2fy6.jpg

Hawt! If you can turbo that, it would become my dream car. (I currently drive a turbo 350 Camaro IROC)

I have a question for those of you that already bought the game. Does it look and play better than Most wanted or is it more of the same.

it will take a while before i unlock all good parts and had my ride pinped out....

Is that 68 Camaro available to progress throughout the game single player, and not just an extra add on like it was in Most Wanted?

FiZ said:
Is that 68 Camaro available to progress throughout the game single player, and not just an extra add on like it was in Most Wanted?
It's choice 1 of 3 of cars you start with. :)

Nice, very nice. Any chance of putting a through-the-hood blower on it with a 454ci engine? Does Carbon have any other oldschool cars?

alan.p said:
Nice, very nice. Any chance of putting a through-the-hood blower on it with a 454ci engine? Does Carbon have any other oldschool cars?
I believe you can do that, however I do not have the unlocks yet.

alan.p said:

You can indeed put a through-the-hood blower on it. I dont know what a 454ci engine is but yeaaaaaah....

The muscle car class is all oldschool

J-M-E said:
You can indeed put a through-the-hood blower on it. I dont know what a 454ci engine is but yeaaaaaah....

The muscle car class is all oldschool

ci = cubic inches.

Im an import guy myself, own a 11 sec car off the net as well. I do give
domestics there respect tho. I bought carbon. I only purchased it for the
key tho so i can play online. I havent bought a PC game in 4 years haha.

The reviews are kind of mixed, but gamespot users have been giving it
somewhat good reviews. does it have all the exotics like MW? like the
Carrera GT and stuff?

I wont get to play until tomorrow, a stupid I/O shield is holding me up from throwing my mobo in its case.

tscompusa said:
ci = cubic inches.

Im an import guy myself, own a 11 sec car off the net as well. I do give
domestics there respect tho. I bought carbon. I only purchased it for the
key tho so i can play online. I havent bought a PC game in 4 years haha.

The reviews are kind of mixed, but gamespot users have been giving it
somewhat good reviews. does it have all the exotics like MW? like the
Carrerra GT and stuff?

Yep :)

It has tuners, exotics, and muscle cars.

Its a real fun game.

fun but torturous. the crew you get suck ASS... the always get in the way, and the retarded speed bosts they have are annoying :p

Stock looking 67 Camro SS here :D All ive done is tinted the damn windows :p

Was going to buy the mustang GT but ive only got Tier 1 unlocks... not to mention the camaro is so much cooler :D

So all you guys that bought the game.. Is it up to it's HYPE? I want to buy it but it's either NFS:C for the X360/Pc or BF2142 for PC help me decide~! (im a broke mannn)

how the f do u beat the game already??? It's been out like 2 days
do u just play NON STOP? If so, you SERIOUSLY need a life man.

v6maro said:
Most single player games only have a few hours worth of content. Racing games generally only have about 1-2 hours worth of content at the best, but make you replay it over and over at faster speeds, with a few new turns, in reverse, etc. By "beating the game" he might have completed some sort of career mode (I don't have the game).

v6maro said:

I'm sorry you can't play the game well :) As someone else said, there isn't that much in career mode except for a bunch of races, most of which aren't difficult.

I play the game just fine, as well as others. I've done many races and haven't lost yet, but I still didnt beat the game in a day. You had to have been playing a good 8hrs strait a day.

Anyone whos played the game knows there is a lot more than a couple of hours in career mode. I have put in about 4 hours so far and am only 12% done, without losing a single race (restarted like 3 times though)..

I put in about an hour and im 27%. Thats 18 races (not including defending your turf) at say 3minutes a race= 54minutes. Add defending turf (about 4 times now) and a few restarts and thats a little over an hour :eek:

What's with all the jaggies? I set eye candy/AA to full on my 1600x1200 and still had jaggies. It ruins all of these nice shots.

CodeX said:
Anyone whos played the game knows there is a lot more than a couple of hours in career mode. I have put in about 4 hours so far and am only 12% done, without losing a single race (restarted like 3 times though)..

Its taking me a 1.5 hours to take a region. Im ~40% done and Ive played maybe 5 hours. All with the Camaro.

0mega said:
fun but torturous. the crew you get suck ASS... the always get in the way, and the retarded speed bosts they have are annoying :p
Do you mean they have the same crap rubberband AI that MW had? or have EA actually tried to make the game fun this time? I played MW for a but, probably 30% of the game, but once I noticed that most races came down to the last corner no matter how badly you'd wiped out on the first lap, or even if you put the other guy into a tree, I kinda lost interest. That and I really didn't see much fun in the 'avoid cops for 30 mins' challenge. That just felt like grinding.

Still, I live in hope for a fun PC arcade racing game to be released. In the meantime I'll console myself with NFS:porshe.

the AI will randomly slow down (your crew atleast) right in front of you :S

your crew get a retarded speed boost over stock at random times

0mega said:
the AI will randomly slow down (your crew atleast) right in front of you :S

your crew get a retarded speed boost over stock at random times

Yep. what happens is when you get close enough behind your teammate they slow down so you can get infront of them even if your right behind them

^^ thats probabely the worst part of the game. races are pretty easy to win though. btw im about 60-70% done and just got the caymen. im running 12x10 with everything maxxed all effect and have only noticed a few spots where I would "guess" frames dropped below 30 (ie noticed a stutter, and only for a second)

i m around 98% in carrer, but i m blocked. :(
i did all the track except the one who unlocks the murcielago and the 4th boss race.
and i'v been doing these two like for hours but cant go through.... :mad:
and i m kind running off my $$ to get another maximized tier 3 ride.
it really sucks

it took me 6 tries to win one drift race :(
it's so hard for me, I always crash

I find it really helps to use the in car view. I have always hated in car views in racing games but for some reason in this game it makes me significantly better. Maybe try that for the drift races you are stuck on.

I find it really helps to use the in car view. I have always hated in car views in racing games but for some reason in this game it makes me significantly better. Maybe try that for the drift races you are stuck on.

Same here! I always used to play NFS games in the chase view, but I have to play Carbon in the over-the-hood view. I think it's because the chase cam doesn't follow the car that well, especially when you drift (you wind up seeing a lot of the side of the car).

do cops chase you in this one? ...or is it pretty much like NFSU 2?

[F]old|[H]ard

Back