need advice to buy best 1080 ips screen for PS4

Haider92

n00b
Hi everyone

I’m looking for monitor for PS4, I'm not thinking in TV because I hear that monitor is better in image quality and have sharper image details

But the problem in buying monitor is there are many good company and I want the best
Asus, Benq, Dell, Hp, NEC, Philips, Samsung, Eizo, LG

What about this model from NEC:- :D

NEC E224Wi-BK
NEC EA224WMi-BK
NEC E243WMi-BK
NEC EA234WMi-BK
NEC EA273WMi-BK

or there is better monitor from another company?

I not looking for TN panel (IPS is much better in my opinion), Many player use TV with their PS4 without any problem and TV has lag input time much higher than monitor
Also I’m not playing pc game at frame rate over than 100 to looking for monitor with 1 ms response time is IPS I thing will be enough

The monitor I need is support 1080p also I want it have best image quality and contract ratio and other things that should good monitor have

I read in a lot of forum NEC is the best in manufacturing Monitor, other say LG, Samsung, Dell Other say ASUS or Eizo

I read in this forum some member depends on datasheet form website to compare between IPS panels for monitors, some talks about coating and things like this I don’t know so much about it

I don’t have much info about monitor so I’m really interesting to read your suggestion and opinions

Also last question if I'm locking form best IPS monitor and sharper image quality, What about professional monitor from dell or HP it's very accurate color and image very sharp on it

By budget 800 $, Size of monitor (24 to 28 inch) if there is 24 inch better than 28 I don’t care so much about the size.

Just a little bit of clarification for you. IPS Panels will generally have a higher input lag in all cases vs a TN Panel. TN panels are known for their low input response times. Monitors are not better in image quality they just appear that way due to a high pixel density.. example, a 50" TV will have much less pixels per inch than a much smaller sayyyy 24" TV of the same resolution. My recommendation goes to LG or Samsung for a majority of their models. NEC is very nice if you don't mind paying extra for them. I don't recommend doing that though if you're only using it with your PS4. If you had a PC then you could take advantage of the bells and whistles that a more expensive or professional monitor has. Hope that helps somewhat!

There was an actual "Playstation 3D monitor" that was out there... might be worth looking into that.

thanks for advise, yes i have a PC and want to use it with monitor

do you mean NEC better thank samsung and lg but its more expensive in the same time

about "PlayStation® 3D Display" i don't like TV

guys where are you :( , there are many experts members in this forum know a lots about Monitor why there is no more replay, I'm really need your advise to buy a monitor.

thanks strayan

is it the best or there is another model from NEC or Dell or ASUS better than it (without care about the price)

Considering you are using a ps4 there really isn't a best monitor for it. The ps4 won't be able to take advantage of all the goodies a pc can so if you are set on a monitor all you really need is make sure it has an hdmi port and a 3.5mm jack for speakers or headphones.

Honestly, in my opinion using a monitor is a subpar experience on a console due to the lack of audio options. However if you are set on a monitor then the Asus 279h is going to be one of the best. Good picture, decent sound, and 9ms lag. Also I forgot to mention don't confuse the 1ms response time. Make sure you are referring to input lag and not pixel response because there is a difference.

I'd still recommend a TV that has under 30ms response time for a console. The audio is what really makes a difference.

thanks Climber for advise

if sound is there difference between TV and Monitor what about use external speaker
by the way i don't use monitor for PS4 only, i want to use it on my PC for Writing , programming, watch video and movie, and mother things..

i read about asus its good monitor also its IPS, 27 inch is amazing size for PC and PS4 gaming
is there monitor from Dell, Hp , Samsung or LG better than it or have better panel or this from asus is the best

Last edited:
With a PS4 you are pretty much stuck to 1080/60Hz monitors and there are tons of them.
Something from NEC or EIZO is way overkill imho, DELL has some nice offerings with little to no overshoot/ghosting and low input lag and not too aggressive anti glare coating and have good color accuracy out of the box.

The Dell U2414H is a nice 24" IPS Display with good ergonomic options.
There is also a bigger version of it, 27" but with a more basic stand, the S2715H.

I would also take some BenQ Monitors into consideration because they are VA panels and offer MUCH MUCH better and deeper blacks because of that.

But with a 800$ budget i would rather get a TV, Sony has good offerings with low input lag.

Thanks Ashratt

as i know IPS is better than VA in Color and image quality

i like Asus MX279H (cost 260 $ from amazon)
is there any other monitor from Benq HP Asus LG Samsung better than it
or its best IPS available in market today

Indeed, that's about as good as it gets for 1080 60hz IPS.

Or did you post that as a negative?

i read in some website

-------------------------------------

the MX279H is uses LED PWM Dimming which causes some people to suffer from health issues like eyestrain, as well as ruins motion clarity:

https://flic.kr/p/qSbVjo

PWM Side Effects:

http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/articles/content/pulse_width_modulation.htm#side_effects

Links to reviews of many better, similarly priced options can be found here:

http://wecravegamestoo.com/forums/m...here-send-me-private-message.html#post1359163

is that true , also what did you say about last links which contain list about "Best 27" 1080p IPS/PLS Monitors" as writer said

what about this one its IPS and under my budget HP Z24x DreamColor Display

or this model from Samsung S24D390PL

I would also reccomend:
ASUS MX239H for a 24"
and the larger
ASUS MX279H for a 27"
these monitors got very surprisingly good built in speakers, only annoying thing about them is changing the volume, since it has to be done by OSD but it's fine and fast ish. and if you got headsets with volume knob, it will make it better.

personally used my MX239H with a PS3 for some God of War action, worked and looked beautiful <3 :p

also
VX239H / VX279H will do just fine, "MX series" without the overpriced "Bang & Olufsen ICEpower" built in speakers. plus they're black :p

thanks SpasTas0917

is ASUS MX239H have better image and color than Samsung S24D390PL without care about speakers

thanks Climber for advise

if sound is there difference between TV and Monitor what about use external speaker
by the way i don't use monitor for PS4 only, i want to use it on my PC for Writing , programming, watch video and movie, and mother things..

There is a huge difference as monitors with built in speakers suck, I mean really really suck. In order to get around that you'll need a receiver and some good speakers but by then you're just better off buying a good TV.

i read about asus its good monitor also its IPS, 27 inch is amazing size for PC and PS4 gaming
is there monitor from Dell, Hp , Samsung or LG better than it or have better panel or this from asus is the best[/QUOTE]

I would actually recommend the LG from your link below over the Asus just due to price.

i read in some website

the MX279H is uses LED PWM Dimming which causes some people to suffer from health issues like eyestrain, as well as ruins motion clarity:

https://flic.kr/p/qSbVjo

PWM Side Effects:

http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/articles/content/pulse_width_modulation.htm#side_effects

Links to reviews of many better, similarly priced options can be found here:

http://wecravegamestoo.com/forums/m...here-send-me-private-message.html#post1359163

The PWM affect is greatly overblown, so very few people are affected by it that I wouldn't worry about it. Check out the reviews of the 2 monitors I posted above and see which appeals to you the most. Either one will satisfy your requirements and should give you an excellent gaming experience.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
thank you Climber for details

the reason that make me don't go with TV because i want to use monitor on my PC

now i decide between Just three Monitor

Samsung S24E390HL

ASUS MX239H

HP Z24x DreamColor Display (if its too slow mean with high input lag time please tell me)

I don't care about Speaker and Size of screen just color accuracy and image sharpness

I'd choose the Asus of those 3. Just so you know you can use the TV on your computer also.

I was in a similiar situation and bought this for xbox one:
http://accessories.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=dhs&cs=19&sku=210-ADJE

Mostly, I wanted a high end looking monitor but only needed the 1080p. Dell really hit the nail on the head with this one and I've loved it. I wanted something with solid response time as I play mostly competitive Halo on xbox.

Dell_2D00_S2715H_2D00_monitor_5F00_550x490.jpg

The PWM affect is greatly overblown, so very few people are affected by it that I wouldn't worry about it. Check out the reviews of the 2 monitors I posted above and see which appeals to you the most. Either one will satisfy your requirements and should give you an excellent gaming experience.

PWM ruins motion clarity entirely. The Asus MX279H uses a frameless casing which ruins perceived black depth. It's illogical to recommend a display that uses PWM when there are plenty of displays that flicker free and offer better performance.

------------------------------------

@Haider92: I recommend, since you've already found the wecravegamestoo article, to use that as your guide for purchasing. The forum member that put that together, NCX, is very knowledgeable and took the time to post a collection of reviews for our convenience.

The absolute best option you could choose would be the 23" Eizo EV2336W; it uses an almost grain-free matte coating, has low input lag, good pixel response with minimal overshoot, great color presets, and covers 96% of the sRGB color space vs. the 89-92% of cheaper AH-IPS panels. It's only caveat is that it lacks an HDMI connection, but one can buy an HDMI to DVI adapter, or an HDMI to DVI cable, and run audio via optical. It also uses hybrid PWM; meaning, it uses PWM at lower brightness (20%; 71 cd/m2), so make sure to run it above 20% brightness.

thank JDMFSeanP and Climber for your advise

Nikyo i understand from your reply that Asus MX279H should be out of compare

i read about EIZO it's great company it's a manufacturer of high-end computer displays...

is Eizo EV2336W better than Samsung S24E390HL

what about HP Z24x DreamColor the difference between it and Eizo in the price is just 100 $
can some one tell me is it worth, I'm thinking about this monitor because of this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMotaJF9kGs

Last edited:
For sure you don't want the HP Z24X. It's a 1920x1200 display which means it will have to drop out of native resolution to display your PS4's 1080p output.

Oh, you dismissed the AOC? Goodluck finding lower input lag on any other 1080 60hz IPS. Not to say the i2757 is flawless, but it's king on that aspect.

The Samsung 27 Curved is pretty damn good, read up on it, there is cheaper version without a DP input.

i read about EIZO it's great company it's a manufacturer of high-end computer displays...

what about HP Z24x DreamColor the difference between it and Eizo in the price is just 100 $
can some one tell me is it worth, I'm thinking about this monitor because of this video

Hmmm, 23-inch, matte, No HDMI, would definitely pass IMO.

Oh, you dismissed the AOC? Goodluck finding lower input lag on any other 1080 60hz IPS. Not to say the i2757 is flawless, but it's king on that aspect.

Man, that's a good monitor, no doubt, though it's been out for almost three years now. Can't see this beating the Asus 27 or the Samsung 27 curved.

Yes, the EV2336W outperforms the Samsung and every other 23-24" 1080p/1200p standard gamut monitor.

The HP Z24x is a wide-gamut monitor; it's meant to be used with Adobe RGB gamut, which none of your content (PS4, web browsing) is. Your content would be sRGB (standard gamut). One could buy a wide-gamut display and use it with sRGB emulation, but that's extremely expensive and overkill for your purposes. However, if you're considering that, then the Eizo CX241 would be the best choice because it's glow-free and comes with a built-in calibration tool.

The AOC uses 236hz PWM and is pretty much garbage. It's also really old, and even if it ever was good, there's much better choices now.

Hmmm, 23-inch, matte, No HDMI, would definitely pass IMO.

The OP has not specified whether or not he has a preference to the matte coating, and one would assume he does not care, considering he's interested in monitors with thicker matte coatings than the EV2336W. I don't see how lack of HDMI would ever affect someone - do you people actually plan on using monitor speakers?

Furthermore, you're aware the forum has a multi-quote function, right?

PWM ruins motion clarity entirely. The Asus MX279H uses a frameless casing which ruins perceived black depth. It's illogical to recommend a display that uses PWM when there are plenty of displays that flicker free and offer better performance.

I already recommended the LG from NCX and he dismissed it. Pin is so overblown that not a single person could tell a difference between a PWM and non PWM monitor in action. If you break it down frame by frame sure but the vast majority of people can't tell as evidence by the huge Samsung monitor thread.

@Haider92: I recommend, since you've already found the wecravegamestoo article, to use that as your guide for purchasing. The forum member that put that together, NCX, is very knowledgeable and took the time to post a collection of reviews for our convenience.

The absolute best option you could choose would be the 23" Eizo EV2336W; it uses an almost grain-free matte coating, has low input lag, good pixel response with minimal overshoot, great color presets, and covers 96% of the sRGB color space vs. the 89-92% of cheaper AH-IPS panels. It's only caveat is that it lacks an HDMI connection, but one can buy an HDMI to DVI adapter, or an HDMI to DVI cable, and run audio via optical. It also uses hybrid PWM; meaning, it uses PWM at lower brightness (20%; 71 cd/m2), so make sure to run it above 20% brightness.

Using a hdmi to dvi adapter may add input lag as well as a few other problems. Also hdmi to dvi doesn't do audio which means optical which it doesn't have as far as I'm aware so once again horrible choice for a console monitor imo.

I already recommended the LG from NCX and he dismissed it. Pin is so overblown that not a single person could tell a difference between a PWM and non PWM monitor in action. If you break it down frame by frame sure but the vast majority of people can't tell as evidence by the huge Samsung monitor thread.

Using a hdmi to dvi adapter may add input lag as well as a few other problems. Also hdmi to dvi doesn't do audio which means optical which it doesn't have as far as I'm aware so once again horrible choice for a console monitor imo.

It truly amazes me the influx of people with absolutely no knowledge of display technology that have flocked to this forum and want to make suggestions.

1.) Recommending a monitor that has potential health related side effects, and ruins motion clarity is totally illogical. There are much better performing, PWM-free monitors.

2.) Your anecdote of PWM is based off a large thread with incredibly clueless forum members, who know nothing about display technology, and have very low standards/are hugely biased by their own post-purchase rationalization. If you had any knowledge of the way PWM works, or looked at the flickr image, you'd see just how much PWM artifacting ruins motion clarity. The way those images are taken is via the BlurBusters pursuit camera test, which simulates the human eye in relation to motion. The technique has a peer-reviewed paper authored by Mark Rejhon, Nokia and NIST.gov. This is a well documented phenomenon.

3.) HDMI to DVI is fully compatible. This would not add input-lag at all.

4.) I've already mentioned use of optical out, but no one in their right mind would actually use monitor speakers. The OP has already made reference to using external speakers, so this wouldn't even be an issue.

It truly amazes me the influx of people with absolutely no knowledge of display technology that have flocked to this forum and want to make suggestions.

Your opinion towards myself and others in this forum are fine. To a certain extent you and NCX are absolutely correct that PWM should be gotten rid of; however, PWM isn't the end all be all of monitors. So once again, use a PWM monitor in a real life gaming test and point out the lack of motion clarity. It just isn't going to happen for the vast majority of people. I ran one with my Dell U2713HM and one with my Asus PB278qr. No one could reliably tell the difference playing Skyrim, Planetside 2, Diablo 3, or World of Tanks. Most people chose the Asus over the Dell depending on what game was being played. Let me make one thing clear, at no point did a single person in the entire day comment on motion clarity and that in order to replicate the PWM affect I have to set my monitors in totally unrealistic settings in order for others to see the affect. Let me repeat that. In order to duplicate the PWM effect so that it is noticeable I have to literally set my monitors settings in the most awkward and unrealistic settings possible to duplicate PWM.

1.) Recommending a monitor that has potential health related side effects, and ruins motion clarity is totally illogical. There are much better performing, PWM-free monitors.

PWM isn't the only choice in which a monitor should be judged. Yet somehow between you and NCX you parade PWM around as some sort of black plague for the eyeballs when it is more comparable to a nut allergy.

2.) Your anecdote of PWM is based off a large thread with incredibly clueless forum members, who know nothing about display technology, and have very low standards/are hugely biased by their own post-purchase rationalization. If you had any knowledge of the way PWM works, or looked at the flickr image, you'd see just how much PWM artifacting ruins motion clarity. The way those images are taken is via the BlurBusters pursuit camera test, which simulates the human eye in relation to motion. The technique has a peer-reviewed paper authored by Mark Rejhon, Nokia and NIST.gov. This is a well documented phenomenon.

Ahh the time honored tradition of insulting everyone who disagrees with you. The majority of tests also acknowledge that this affects a very small majority and it is hard to quantify the side effects of PWM and in all reality it is only a very small percentage of test subjects that suffer the side effects you and NCX always complain about. Besides, those tests put the monitors into unrealistic usage situations to get those results. Do the same exact tests running a game with realistic settings in a everyday usage situation with proper lighting. That is why the majority of forum users don't agree with you or NCX on the negatives of their monitors you two crusade against.

So it isn't clueless forum members, it is the simple fact that the very mast majority of PC users aren't affected by PWM. I've had a couple of employees complain about eyestrain while using the PWM free Dell U2713H and U2715H both of which are confirmed as PWM free from Prad.de I believe. The majority of users who stare at monitors all day don't take the necessary breaks or refocus their eyesight on distant objects periodically. After making it very clear that my technicians and engineers are free to go outside when necessary or even for a quick walk around the building every hour complaints have went way down regarding eyestrain and headaches. Simply put, PWM isn't the boogeyman you think it is.

Would it be fine that a newer technology replaces PWN permanently? Sure, but improper use of monitors will still contribute to eyestrain, fatigue, and headaches.

3.) HDMI to DVI is fully compatible. This would not add input-lag at all.

There are complaints of input lag and decreased resolution on certain adapters. According to PS4 Support the PS4 doesn't officially support HDMi to DVI
The PS4 supports HDMI to HDMI connections only. We cannot guarantee compatibility with 3rd party adaptors.

U--J

4.) I've already mentioned use of optical out, but no one in their right mind would actually use monitor speakers. The OP has already made reference to using external speakers, so this wouldn't even be an issue.

Using external speakers again adds yet another layer of difficulty to use with the PS4. It can be done but it requires extra parts depending on what speaker setup he wants to use. He could get away with just plugging his headphones into the controller so I'll concede this point but it is a less than ideal solution.

Last edited:
Your opinion towards myself and others in this forum are fine. To a certain extent you and NCX are absolutely correct that PWM should be gotten rid of; however, PWM isn't the end all be all of monitors. So once again, use a PWM monitor in a real life gaming test and point out the lack of motion clarity. It just isn't going to happen for the vast majority of people. I ran one with my Dell U2713HM and one with my Asus PB278qr. No one could reliably tell the difference playing Skyrim, Planetside 2, Diablo 3, or World of Tanks. Most people chose the Asus over the Dell depending on what game was being played. Let me make one thing clear, at no point did a single person in the entire day comment on motion clarity and that in order to replicate the PWM affect I have to set my monitors in totally unrealistic settings in order for others to see the affect. Let me repeat that. In order to duplicate the PWM effect so that it is noticeable I have to literally set my monitors settings in the most awkward and unrealistic settings possible to duplicate PWM.

PWM isn't the only choice in which a monitor should be judged. Yet somehow between you and NCX you parade PWM around as some sort of black plague for the eyeballs when it is more comparable to a nut allergy.

Ahh the time honored tradition of insulting everyone who disagrees with you. The majority of tests also acknowledge that this affects a very small majority and it is hard to quantify the side effects of PWM and in all reality it is only a very small percentage of test subjects that suffer the side effects you and NCX always complain about. Besides, those tests put the monitors into unrealistic usage situations to get those results. Do the same exact tests running a game with realistic settings in a everyday usage situation with proper lighting. That is why the majority of forum users don't agree with you or NCX on the negatives of their monitors you two crusade against.

So it isn't clueless forum members, it is the simple fact that the very mast majority of PC users aren't affected by PWM. I've had a couple of employees complain about eyestrain while using the PWM free Dell U2713H and U2715H both of which are confirmed as PWM free from Prad.de I believe. The majority of users who stare at monitors all day don't take the necessary breaks or refocus their eyesight on distant objects periodically. After making it very clear that my technicians and engineers are free to go outside when necessary or even for a quick walk around the building every hour complaints have went way down regarding eyestrain and headaches. Simply put, PWM isn't the boogeyman you think it is.

Would it be fine that a newer technology replaces PWN permanently? Sure, but improper use of monitors will still contribute to eyestrain, fatigue, and headaches.

There are complaints of input lag and decreased resolution on certain adapters. According to PS4 Support the PS4 doesn't officially support HDMi to DVI

Using external speakers again adds yet another layer of difficulty to use with the PS4. It can be done but it requires extra parts depending on what speaker setup he wants to use. He could get away with just plugging his headphones into the controller so I'll concede this point but it is a less than ideal solution.

What part of "illogical", "ruins motion clarity", and the PWM-free alternatives are superior in more ways than one? Is this over your head, or what?
Rhetorical question, it clearly is.

I assume you scoured the internet to find one source of an adapter failing to work, which would be attributed to user error of some type. I put this in google and - oh look, a reddit post that says it works. Let me just test this on my own EV2336W - wow, I'm shocked it works! These adapters do not add input lag; DVI and HDMI video out are identical and fully compatible. Get your head out of your ass. You have no idea what you're talking about - why are you even arguing with me?

And if using an optical out to external speakers is too difficult for you, then I honestly just feel sorry for you.

Also, I guess you speak for entirety ot the monitor using world since you clearly have statistics to state that most PC users do not suffer PWM related eyestrain. I suppose you also know more than Mark Rejhon, and we should just forget any and all research on PWM related motion artifacting, because you say so! Genius.

Your anecdote of PWM-free monitors causing eyestrain can be attributed to the user cranking the brightness, which is incredibly common. Basically, you have no points here. Please stop wasting my time, and yours, arguing things you don't understand with personal anecdotes and nothing to back them up with.

I've never even seen you in the display forum, and it's pretty clear you don't visit here often, and haven't read any reviews on the monitors you're even recommending. I'm trying to recommend people the best possible purchase - clearly you're not - clearly you're only looking to start shit and argue.

I had to edit for this gem:

Most people chose the Asus over the Dell depending on what game was being played. Let me make one thing clear, at no point did a single person in the entire day comment on motion clarity and that in order to replicate the PWM affect I have to set my monitors in totally unrealistic settings in order for others to see the affect. Let me repeat that. In order to duplicate the PWM effect so that it is noticeable I have to literally set my monitors settings in the most awkward and unrealistic settings possible to duplicate PWM

One cannot duplicate PWM settings unless he's lowering his PWM monitor's brightness below 100%. You literally have no idea what PWM even is, do you?

Also, I hate to break this to you, but the Dell U2713HM is a special pile of shit. see here. It would be no wonder people would find the Dell inferior, because it has ridiculous overshoot ghosting

And apparently you compared it with the Asus PB278qr, the version of the Asus with the pwm-free AHVA panel. Um ok.

Last edited:
is Eizo EV2336W better than Samsung S24E390HL/

The EV2336W is better than all of the matte 1080p IPS/PLS panels, but it's usually far more expensive. If you want a matte monitor buy an EV2336W or one of the quality matte AH-IPS panels since they suffer from significantly less glow than the Samsung D & E series AD-PLS panels.

Matte: PLS EV2336W
Glossy: IPS HP 23 Envy or Dell S2x15H (24 & 27").

The EV2336W offers the best all around performance, but the glossy IPS panels look clearer. More information and review links.

what about HP Z24x DreamColor the difference between it and Eizo in the price is just 100$

The Z24X uses a wide gamut panel meant for professionals who calibrate their monitors for work with colour managed programs. It's a waste of money and suffers from far more glow than the 1080p IPS/PLS panels since it uses a wide gamut panel.

Let me repeat that. In order to duplicate the PWM effect so that it is noticeable I have to literally set my monitors settings in the most awkward and unrealistic settings possible to duplicate PWM.

You can post as many anecdotes about PWM as you want, but facts are facts and logic is logic. Multiple companies sell multiple PWM free 1080p monitors which have better colour presets than the MX279H and are usually cheaper too.

Except all of the best monitors are PWM free and they're usually the same price as monitors which do use it, so there's simply no way to rationalize the purchase of a monitor with PWM if the proper research has been done.

it is hard to quantify the side effects of PWM and in all reality it is only a very small percentage of test subjects that suffer the side effects

Unsubstantiated claim.

Besides, those tests put the monitors into unrealistic usage situations to get those results.

I didn't know watching something which moves across the screen or moving the camera while gaming is unrealistic.

it is the simple fact that the very mast majority of PC users aren't affected by PWM.

Unsubstantiated claim.

According to PS4 Support the PS4 doesn't officially support HDMi to DVI.

You really can't figure out why Sony does not officially endorse the use of the thousands of third party adapters available?

Using external speakers again adds yet another layer of difficulty to use with the PS4.

Audio can be sent from the PS4 to a receiver via HDMI, via optical to a number of devices and with an AV Multi Out cable. Here's an anecdote for you: no self respecting person uses monitor speakers or their monitors 3.5mm audio out.

Last edited:
We're taking this thread off topic. The monitor you suggested is fine so I'm not going to argue with you over it. PWM is a topic for a different day, although I'd love to see your substantiated claims PWN is a widespread health problem.

guys thank you very much for this great info because of this thread now i understand some basic about monitor thank you again...

know i take my opinion that EV2336W is the best monitor in this thread but about speaker adapter and HDMI (that's make me Irresolute) because i wasn't thought that DVI to HDMI will be problem with input lags

i love EV2336W solid color , sharp image and safe for my eye (as review said)
but in the other hand we have ASUS MX239H (HDMI and speaker)

hmmmmm BenQ RL2755HM is TN panel

what about LG 24MP56HQ-P

check this link please http://www.lg.com/us/monitors/lg-24MP56HQ-P-led-monitor

i make compare between it and other LG Screen like

http://www.lg.com/us/monitors/lg-27MP57HT-P-led-monitor

http://www.lg.com/us/monitors/lg-27MP37HQ-B-led-monitor

http://www.lg.com/us/monitors/lg-27MP67HQ-P-led-monitor

http://www.lg.com/us/monitors/lg-27MP33HQ-B-led-monitor

http://www.lg.com/us/monitors/lg-27MP35HQ-B-led-monitor

http://www.lg.com/us/monitors/lg-27MP35HQ-B-led-monitor

http://www.lg.com/us/monitors/lg-24MP56HQ-P-led-monitor

i say its better than other LG because its

AH-IPS Panel Type (while other IPS)

250 cd/m2 Brightness (while others 200)

has Flicker Safe and Reader Mode feature while others not

and Headphone Out (so i could use external speaker with out adapter)

but without ask you i know this screen is not better than EV2336W

god damm how much i love this EV2336W without own :D it but I'm Irresolute because of Input lags problem and HDMI to DVI problem as some member said

god damm how much i love this EV2336W without own :D it but I'm Irresolute because of Input lags problem and HDMI to DVI problem as some member said

An HDMI to DVI adapter will not add input lag; the video out of HDMI and DVI are 100% the same, and they're both digital connections so there's nothing being converted (like in the case of Digital -> Analog (VGA).

Taken from Wikipedia:

HDMI implements the EIA/CEA-861 standards, which define video formats and waveforms, transport of compressed, uncompressed, and LPCM audio, auxiliary data, and implementations of the VESA EDID.[5][6] CEA-861 signals carried by HDMI are electrically compatible with the CEA-861 signals used by the digital visual interface (DVI). No signal conversion is necessary, nor is there a loss of video quality when a DVI-to-HDMI adapter is used.[7] The CEC (Consumer Electronics Control) capability allows HDMI devices to control each other when necessary and allows the user to operate multiple devices with one remote control handset.[8]

You should basically ignore all of Climber's comments about input lag and PWM, because he's completely clueless and has been pulling shit out of his ass for multiple posts now. The EV2336W is hands down the best standard gamut 1080p monitor.

Back