Need a solid wireless solution

Zorn

Limp Gawd
I just recently moved, and where I am at now, it isn't practical to hook my computer up to the router via ethernet, it would just leave a cable running right across the floor in an obvious way. I have been looking into wireless solutions, and I purchased a D-Link DWA-552 PCI wireless-N adapter. The problem I have with this is when I hook it up, it only reads my network as wireless G. I have an Apple Time Capsule (newest one with dual band) and I know for fact it's operating as 802.11n . This particular card must just be incompatible.

Does anyone know of a good, solid wireless N PCI card? I would really prefer one that operates at 5Ghz, but no such thing seems to exist.

I've nevery played with wireless N and WPA but my friend was having issues with his wireless N when he had WPA setup. If you are using that, try switching to WPA2.

I am using that same card and it is great. It read 300mbps in windows. It has to be something with your current set up. I am using a D Link DIR-655 for the router.

Well I took back the card and tried out a dual band wireless N USB card, and that works 100x better. Fast, and so far no drops. I think that card was just a bum or doesn't work with Apple Time Capsule. This one hops right on the 5Ghz band and is very fast.

Back