Need a RX 7900 XT reference card waterblock?

Top Nurse

Supreme [H]ardness
Alphacool is presently manufacturing one now for the RX 7900 XT reference design made by AMD and their board partners. I just bought one from ModMyMods for my XFX and expect to have it by Friday. Don't know how many they have in stock, but I expect them to sell fast.

Alphacool Eisblock Aurora Acryl RX 7900XT Reference with Backplate (13548)​

Alphacool is presently manufacturing one now for the RX 7900 XT reference design made by AMD and their board partners. I just bought one from ModMyMods for my XFX and expect to have it by Friday. Don't know how many they have in stock, but I expect them to sell fast.

Alphacool Eisblock Aurora Acryl RX 7900XT Reference with Backplate (13548)​

Interesting. No one else had these yet? I'm used to EKWB having them for most new high end GPU's at or near launch.

Interesting. No one else had these yet? I'm used to EKWB having them for most new high end GPU's at or near launch.
It doesn't look like any of the other GPU water block manufacturers are making a block for the reference 7900 XT. Just the reference 7900 XTX & various AIB custom cards that use the same layout for the XT & XTX. Alphacool's design for the 7900 XT/XTX blocks seems to be more modular which makes it easier to produce versions for more cards.

Ekwb said they weren't interested and I asked twice directly and through PPCS. Aquacomputer isn't making any new gpu blocks for Nvidia or AMD flavors. Watercool didn't seem too interested either.

Last edited:
It doesn't look like any of the other GPU water block manufacturers are making a block for the reference 7900 XT. Just the reference 7900 XTX & various AIB custom cards that use the same layout for the XT & XTX. Alphacool's design for the 7900 XT/XTX blocks seems to be more modular which makes it easier to produce versions for more cards.
Ekwb said they weren't interested and I asked twice directly and through PPCS. Aquacomputer isn't making any new gpu blocks for Nvidia or AMD flavors. Watercool didn't seem too interested either.

Interesting.

I'm guessing sales of the reference 7900 XT must have been much lower than I realized!

My guess is that all these watercooling companies are pulling their horns in due to worldwide economic issues. I specifically asked AC in an email when could I buy one and they just said they got bigger fish to fry. My guess is that AC does a ton of business with their Aquasuite ecosystem with relatively zero competition.

As far as sales go who knows, but Alphacool probably figures to dive in when they don't have any competition. Their first production run lasted a couple of days. I think they are on their third run now.

Back