Upgradable is a bonus
Backlit keyboard
Oculus ready (too much to ask?)
Able to record smooth high quality gaming with not much sacrifice to quality
Live stream gaming
Budget will probably be about ~$1500 - ~$3250
Audio/photo/video/3D editing with render speeds that don't take forever

Any ideas???

that budget could get you a killer PC + nice ass monitor, dafaq you talkin about boi?

OK, compare a laptop and PC with my needs/budget and if I go with a PC it will need to include a monitor and sound system.

If I can build a PC better than a laptop INCLUDING a monitor and audio, I'll consider it too. But I do like the mobility option.

That is through the roof for a desktop pc,monitor, and sound system. I picked up a T530 3720qm, NVS 5400m for $300 bucks that handles all those tasks very quickly for a laptop. If you truly need insane rendering power it might be worth getting a decent laptop then offloading that kind of work to something like Amazon EC2.

You could build a kick assume pc for that amount get a monitor and still have enough money left over for a decent laptop.

I'd really decide now if the portability of the laptop is worth more than a kick ass desktop. Figure about 1500 for the desktop and depending on monitor up to about 1k for that you could snag a Dell gaming laptop with a 960m for about $800.

Best of both worlds.

I'm still loving my HP x360 Spectre, but here's a 17.3 Envy with a discrete 4GB Nvidia 950. 17.3 HP Envy They have a big sale on with a few hundred dollars off. I'd add the 512 GB SSD and you'd still be under $1500 with the current sale.

Specs without SSD are below.

Windows 10 Pro 64
6th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700HQ Processor Quad-Core + NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950M 4GB Discrete Graphics(for 3D Camera)
16GB DDR3 - 2 DIMM
17.3-inch diagonal Full HD WLED-backlit IPS Display (1920x1080)
2TB + 2TB 5400 rpm Dual Hard Drive
6-cell 62WHr Lithium-ion Battery
SuperMulti DVD burner
Backlit Keyboard
Intel RealSense(TM) 3D Camera with Dual Digital Microphone, Fingerprint Reader
Intel 802.11ac WLAN and Bluetooth(R) [1x1]

Back