Need a 4k Monitor

Psycrow

Gawd
Hi

I think i asked in here before but new monitors are on the market since last time.

Im looking for thé best 4k monitor.
It MUST have full array leds and NO edgelit.
I prefer a flat monitor and 27" but i am willing to look on 32"

27-32"
Full array ( No backlight bleeding )
Flat monitor ( No curved )
Must be able to adjust hight and tilt.
4K res.120 + HZ
HDMI 2.1
Price dosent matter

I looked on Rting and found some nice 4k monitors but they all had cons.
This scared me away...so i am in great doubt.

So there are no monitors, or TVs, that have no cons, period. We just don't have the technology to build a perfect display that is beyond the limits of human perception. You have to be ok with tradeoffs, if you aren't then you will just forever buy nothing.

If price truly doesn't matter, then I'd recommend looking at what I got: An ASUS PG32UQX or Viewsonic's version the XG321UG. They offer everything you asked for except for HDMI 2.1, but you just use DisplayPort 1.4 with DSC instead, works great. The big downside is cost: They are $2300-2500. So if that doesn't work for you that's fine, but then you just discovered price DOES matter and we'll need a price range. I've discovered that often when people say "price doesn't matter" it actually matters a lot, they just don't know how much things can cost.

These are 32" FALD MiniLED monitors with 1152 zones, capable of 4k 144Hz. Flat screen, fully adjustable. Gsync ultimate. They have STUNNING HDR. Like, I've come to prefer the HDR presentation on my monitor over my OLED TV (S95B). Mine has excellent uniformity, and reviews of them seem to indicate that is the case with all of them. It's picture quality is just amazing.

The con, aside from the price, is that the panel isn't all that fast and particularly bright-to-dark transitions are slow, so you get some blur. The blur is the one thing I really wish I could improve upon. However, even with it, I still love the monitor and I'm happy with the purchase.

I should add if HDMI 2.1 is an absolute must, you can look at the ASUS PA32UCG-K which is the professional version of the PG32UQX. Gets rid of Gsync Ultimate, which means that it can, and does, have HDMI 2.1. It can have even better uniformity, it had uniformity compensation you can run. Has internal hardware calibration as well for best color. However now you are up to $3000.

ASUS PG32UQX isent in store anymore...Niether is the XG321UG.
I have been saving for 10 years and have enough of buy 20 of these mentioned monitors :D
But no Hdmi 2.1 then not worth it. And they are outdated allready it seems. Not availaibe in EU at least.

But thanks for the mention.

In denmark where i live then the ASUS PA32UCG-K cost 5000 $ hahahaaa thats insane !
But its also not available or in stock.

But nice pricy monitors haha good one :D

You can have a Samsung QN90B which hits all your requirements for 999 and for the change you can buy a desk it fits on.

20210821_204806.jpg

27 inch is the monitor on the right vs 50 inch in front

I sit 30 inch away from this 4.4.4 chroma capable TV, working and playing without any burn in for around 2 years now.

As a flex i could say that the 48 and 50 inch version only has hdr 1500 instead of hdr 2000 which the bigger ones have.

The small ones are VA panels which produce a really really good black and their lesser/thinner anti-reflective coating makes for a cripser picture.
Sitting that close you can appreciate that as a pc user.

Last edited:
ASUS PG32UQX isent in store anymore...Niether is the XG321UG.
I have been saving for 10 years and have enough of buy 20 of these mentioned monitors :D
But no Hdmi 2.1 then not worth it. And they are outdated allready it seems. Not availaibe in EU at least.

But thanks for the mention.

In denmark where i live then the ASUS PA32UCG-K cost 5000 $ hahahaaa thats insane !
But its also not available or in stock.

But nice pricy monitors haha good one :D

I find the ASUS in stock at Amazon, Bestbuy, Walmart, Microcenter, ASUS's own store as well as others.

If the ProArt is too expensive for you, and that's fine, then specify your budget.

Yep... but now, crickets....
That is something I tend to dislike about people who say "price is no object" or something similar. They are almost never telling the truth. They like the idea of having the highest of the high end but they don't actually know how much that costs, and then aren't interested in paying it. It's totally fine to not want to, a lot of this shit is STUPID expensive... but then set a budget. I mean even if you can afford expensive stuff, it doesn't mean you want to just pay any price.

This is why you should always set a budget. It can be high, and it can be a range, but don't just say "price is no object" and then get surprised when someone drops an expensive recommendation. If you really are willing to spend a lot to have the best, some people are going to recommend expensive stuff.

Go ahead, ask me about my audio recommendations. I DARE you :D :D

Back