NEC LCD2470WNX-BK

UrielDagda

2[H]4U
Yea or Nay guys? There doesn't seem to be many write-ups on it, but everything I have seen so far has been good. It's also got one hell of a stable looking base.

Any place that has that model that doesn't give a hard time with defective pixel returns? I hear Newegg sucks for that..

Okay let me amend this.. Planar PX2611W or NEC LCD2470WNX-BK? :D

what are you gonna do with it? as for the 2470, my own has great picture quality and detailed backs. very sharp text and looks great running HD content. standard DVD's look good. my complaints are that it shows too much detail sometimes that compressed video like DivX look worse than on the LG i had before. also, games don't seem to run as smoothly as on the LG L246WP i had or the Westinghouse 37w3 i now have. they seemed a little choppy especially when panning, even on games that don't tax my GPU or CPU. it might have to do with some other part of my setup but i don't know where to begin. and since i got the 37" Westinghouse, i just left it in portrait mode haven't used it much. :p

as for newegg, i received on June 6th of this year, my first NEC had dead pixels. i talked to them though LiveChat and told them i just got it and it had dead pixels. after i said that they offered me a replacement and sent me the rma info. they even extended my RMA from 15 to 30 days because i told them that i didn't have time to ship it yet. new monitor came around a week later. no dead pixels. no real problems. sometimes it will be on and not show anything when i start the computer, but i think it's because my video card is going. unplug it and plug it back in, video card re-detects it and runs it fine after that.

the only thing i regret is sending it back through a UPS store. i didn't know that you can buy a shipping label from newegg for over half the price ($57@UPS Store from Boston to Cali vs under $30 with newegg UPS label). doh! :eek:

hope all this helps in some way.

sena

Cool, thanks! I am torn between the NEC and the Planar now, after finding out the Planar was IPS. I just haven't heard everything about it I want to know, if that seems like a bad company or bad display (or lack of any good info) I will be getting the NEC. But I have to admit, IPS for a grand sounds like a damn good deal. I thought any IPS widescreen 24"+ panel would be $1300-$1600 or higher as a rule. This is close enough to be very, very tempting. :p

Back