NEC and Viewsonic

burningrave101

[H]F Junkie
I've come to a conclusion that response time doesn't mean much when it comes to actually ghosting in games. Some monitors with 16ms ghost and others with 30ms dont. I'm sure the Dell lcds are some of the best but do you people even test other LCDs from like NEC and Viewsonic lol? I think theres alot of copy cating going on and people just buy what everyone else does instead of trying something else.

I'm sorta interested in a 19" NEC or Viewsonic. Are there any certain models anyone has tried that dont have ghosting problems in games?

I think the reason folks like the Dell's:
-a lot of times they're first to the market with the new tech
-they offer fantastic return policies, since it is hard to find DVI connected display models in the stores, so if you're ordering sight unseen you can return it , even if you "just don't like it"
- they use the same panels as the other manufacturers, they just change 30%-50% less for the same screen

ie: the 2001Fp shipped in Dec @ $750 U.S., in Jan Viewsonic offered the same panel @ $1200-$1400 U.S.

If you want to test the another panel and report your findings, I for one will listen.

Originally posted by burningrave101
Anyone have the vp171b or vp191b and can tell me how it performs with gaming?

VP171b here. Performs just as good as my CRT did with games. I just notice the tearing more now so I try to keep vsync on. With vsync on, games look great.

Originally posted by KenDawg
VP171b here. Performs just as good as my CRT did with games. I just notice the tearing more now so I try to keep vsync on. With vsync on, games look great.

I dont guess i know what you mean by you notice the tearing more now. Could you explain? Anyone else have this LCD or the VP191b?

Back