NCASE M1 -- USB 2.0

Engr62

Gawd
I recently purchased an NCASE M1 version 4 second hand. My mini ITX motherboard (ASRock H81M-ITX) doesn't not have a USB 3.0 header--it only has a USB 2.0 header.

In most of the online reviews I've seen, the USB header cable on the M1 has connectors for both 3.0 and 2.0. However, mine only has the USB 3.0 connector. My motherboard has USB 3.0 ports on the I/O, but I'll need to get an adapter for the header connection.

I looked through the M1 revision post in this forum, but I couldn't find anything regarding changing the cable. Does anyone know at which revision they changed this?

Not sure where you read that it had USB 2.0, but the front ports have always been 3.0. You can get an adapter like this to change it to work with a 2.0 header, though.

Thanks for the reply Necere. Actually, the picture I saw on the review showed the USB 3.0 header cable and what I thought was a USB 2.0 header cable together. Turns out, what I saw next to the USB 3.0 header connector was probably the sound header connector--my mistake.

By the way, I absolutely love the case! I originally had this system in an Antec ISK 300-150, then a Cooler Master 110, and now the M1. This is--by far--the best computer case I've owned.

Back