NCASE M1 Softshell Carry Bag for community

I haven't heard anything. Did you try contacting Liz on her Etsy page.. maybe she's only doing them as single, custom orders now?

I contacted her last week. She's a bit backed up on orders and she has another project going currently. Bags should be available for order at the end of March.

If you're looking to buy a bag with extra room for a reservoir, I believe she has some on hand, but don't quote me on that.

If you're looking to buy a bag with extra room for a reservoir, I believe she has some on hand, but don't quote me on that.

Nice, thanks! And even if you don't need the extra room for a res, that version isn't that much bigger, and allows just enough room to leave external wifi antenna attached to the back.

Hi guys. I'm really interested in this carrying case.

After checking the website on 1st page, it looked like all of the bags are out of stock.

Any idea on how to contact the seller? Email?

Thanks

Etsy sellers sometimes just disappear and abandon their accounts. Would be a shame if that was the case.

It would definitely be a shame for M1 case community. The bag looks really good. And from amount of comments in this thread it should also have great quality.

----update----

Got replies from her yesterday.

It seems like she only have few bags with res on hand. For people just want regular version, She will have a waiting list up very soon.

Last edited:
I just spoke with her today and put myself in queue. She says she won't be able to get started until late May or early June.

Been a while since I've stopped by the H-forums. Nice to see the continued success of the Ncase M1. Onto a 3rd version, I see! I certainly continue to be happy with mine.
Regarding bag stuff, I really like AFD's H tag and the hard shell case that were posted. Nice options, those. I don't think I ever posted pics of my softshell bag when it came through, so here are a few. I'm very happy with it, and think it's very high quality, though I did have to swap out the shoulder pad. I really like the lighter weight fabric that I requested and the gathered pockets. With use, I tend to just keep the flaps tucked inside the pockets unless it is raining.
Glad to hear that Liz has responded to additional inquiries. My impression is that she is constantly busy.

1znri1i.jpg

Side pocket with the flap up, though I usually just keep the flap tucked inside. Spacious pocket, but the gathered top-edge and lightweight fabric keeps it tidy when empty:
2gtzr5c.jpg

I'm glad I got the light grey lining. It doesn't show any lint.
sq49x2.jpg

Never mind ventured into the wrong thread.

Last edited:
Been wanting a bag since I got my Rev 1 but since im in no rush I thought I would wait until the que got shorter.

Am I correct the original price of this bag wasnt anywhere near todays asking price of $300?

On the other hand I understand that it might be very time consuming to put together this bag. Wish I could justify a purchase but a weak local currency and price increase probably doubled the price to me.

I paid $150 shipped in April of last year. Which I think is a steal considering the quality.

$300 is probably a bit excessive but I imagine that's to cut down the number of orders. It took about 3-4 months for my bag to be finished.

I paid $150 shipped in April of last year. Which I think is a steal considering the quality.

$300 is probably a bit excessive but I imagine that's to cut down the number of orders. It took about 3-4 months for my bag to be finished.

I ordered mine May 2015 and it was still at 150 back then. It took only about a month until it was shipped. The quality is really good and I am happy with it, but I would not have bought one for the current price of 300.

I ordered mine May 2015 and it was still at 150 back then. It took only about a month until it was shipped. The quality is really good and I am happy with it, but I would not have bought one for the current price of 300.

Importing the bag would slap me with a sales tax of 25% as well so all in all with shipping and taxes its close to $400.

(16) No BUYING, TRADING, or SELLING anywhere with the exception of the For Sale / Trade forum.

Is the Pelican 1550 the smallest case it will fit in? Like would the 1450 work or is it not large enough? i have seen a lot of 1450 and 1600 and up on craigslist but not sure what the differences are

i can get a 1610 for $160

Elizabeth is no longer making this bag for the community as of December 10th, 2015. This is the message that she posted on her store page.

FineCharacter's Shop Announcement

** UPDATE 10 DECEMBER 2015 ** NCASE bags are all sold and I do not intend to replenish my material supply to continue making them.

Thank you ALL so much for your support, patience and continued interest in this project!

She said she wasn't going to make anymore. But if a lot of folks got together and asked for orders maybe she would change her mind?

I'm interested as well (depending on the final price of that re-run and the cost of shipping it to Europe, though).

Yeah I contacted her about that a while back before She stopped making them and she gave me the same quote of $300+ dollars to make the bag. I can understand that there's work that goes into the making of the bag but my mother and aunt do furniture upholstery and tailoring so from observation of their work personally this bag's cost isn't justifiable especially after spending 185 dollars for the case which costs less. That to me is a deal breaker and the only way it would be worth it for us to pool together, make the requests and invest in this bag is if she cut the cost of it down significantly even below 150 dollars.

I can't speak on her behalf, but I assume that this is sort of a hobby/side-business for her, and she does it as much for personal enjoyment as for profit. Presumably, the creativity involved in making costumes is more satisfying than cranking out nearly identical copies of the same bag, and she probably has enough other work that it wouldn't be worth it for her at a lower price. Given that, getting "a lot of folks together" with orders is unlikely to change her mind.

I understand that Elizabeth's not interested in making these bags anymore, but I just thought I'd throw my name in the hat as another interested party, if she ever changes her mind.

Wouldnt mind one either.

Btw, who owns the rights for the design, perhaps its possible to have someone else make them?

Wouldnt mind one either.

Btw, who owns the rights for the design, perhaps its possible to have someone else make them?

I was thinking the same thing, I bet a group buy from some Chinese company could get pretty good prices

Yeah just awful pricing on those bags. I do not mind spending good money and all but I cannot justify that bag.

I'm talking to a mfg about the carrying bag now.

If there are specific features that you guys want, let me know.

The plan is to get a prototype towards NOV.

I'm talking to a mfg about the carrying bag now.

If there are specific features that you guys want, let me know.

The plan is to get a prototype towards NOV.
I'd say put in room for the case + wires and at least a 60% keyboard and mouse. Having extra room for headphone/headset would be nice too if it doesn't compromise how much bulk it will have.

I feel like the k70 is simply too big to the point where it will compromise the portability of the case. The K70 is 437mm long while the NCase itself is 338mm. It just doesn't make sense to make the case either longer than needed to make the case snug to prevent movement, or to make pockets longer than the actual case. Even the Ducky TKL is 357mm long, which again, is just too long. This is why I think it's best suited for 60% keyboards, in which the Pok3r measures at around 295mm, perfect for fitting into a side pocket.

The only was I can see that working is if we add in a separate compartment for the headset to extend the length of the case to fit in a larger keyboard. All in all, I'd need to see some mock-ups, but it's the same deal with the NCase in the end. We'll need to make some compromises whether it be size or hardware we can fit in it.

Back