Ncase M1: H100i or H105?

MrJerico

n00b
Hey guys first post here. Just ordered a M1 and started buying parts, super excited! Anyways, my question is, for those of you who have tried both, what AOI liquid cooler between the H100i and H105 was better in your case?

I am very concerned about airflow as I have a MSI gtx 770 twin frozr, meaning I will have a lot of excess heat in my case coming off my graphics card. Also water cooling is not an option as nobody makes the water block for the 4gb GTX 770 cards. Therefore I want to make sure that if I were to go with the H105 that it doesn't restrict airflow through the case too much.

TL;DR: Which cooler performs better in the M1, the H100i or H105, and does the H105 restrict airflow through the M1 too much?

Also the newest update on the Ncase thread says shipments will start sept 19, I will definitely post a build log when I receive mine.

You can get universal gpu blocks that work fine. Just get a fan to blow at or suck air away from the vram.

Yea but routing to it would be a nightmare and would most likely block any fan mounting below the graphics card. I don't really consider this an option in the M1. In my opinion the side grommet holes on the card specific gpu water blocks is what makes a complete cooling loop possible in the M1.

Yea but routing to it would be a nightmare and would most likely block any fan mounting below the graphics card. I don't really consider this an option in the M1. In my opinion the side grommet holes on the card specific gpu water blocks is what makes a complete cooling loop possible in the M1.

They have those on the universal blocks as well. Do what you feel is best, but know that this does exist.

WEB_Image%20EK-Supreme%20HF%20-%20Copper%20Acetal%20(GPU)%20G1%2042135237262.Jpeg

The H100i has been used in the M1. To my knowledge no one has used the H105 yet. I'm guessing it wouldn't fit.

Back