NCASE M1: a crowdfunded Mini-ITX case (updates in first post)

For those guys who bought the Ncase reservoirs from FrozenQ... any idea how long it'll be at "Awaiting Fulfillment" before they ship one out?

They were doing them in batches. If you've only just ordered one they might be waiting for a bunch of similar orders. Use the messaging system at the FrozenQ shop to ask them when the next batch will be made.

(Mine was about 5 weeks between ordering and "shipping" and then another week before he actually brought it to the post office.)

They were doing them in batches. If you've only just ordered one they might be waiting for a bunch of similar orders. Use the messaging system at the FrozenQ shop to ask them when the next batch will be made.

(Mine was about 5 weeks between ordering and "shipping" and then another week before he actually brought it to the post office.)
I don't seem to be able to order one, it says 'no payment option available'
Anyone else getting this?

I don't seem to be able to order one, it says 'no payment option available'
Anyone else getting this?

Did you make an account and log in?

I can put it in the cart, select shipping address and get to 'order confirmation' section. Check 'Yes, I agree with the above terms and conditions' and I see a 'proceed to payment button'. Obviously I'm not going to click any further, but where exactly does it get stuck for you?

Did you make an account and log in?

I can put it in the cart, select shipping address and get to 'order confirmation' section. Check 'Yes, I agree with the above terms and conditions' and I see a 'proceed to payment button'. Obviously I'm not going to click any further, but where exactly does it get stuck for you?
7rsyh.png

While logged in. :(
Tried on every single browser I have.

EDIT: WAIT, that was their old webshop! I was NOT aware they had a new one. AAAAH!

okwchin, thanks for the detailed reply. i really appreciate it.

i don't see any contradictions with my plan -- a slim fan [hence, not being super close to the GPU fans] with slow rotation. since the current airflow in my case pulls some of the hot GPU air upwards and exhausts it with the two 120mm side fans, i think adding a slight upward flow (fresh/cool air intake from the bottom towards the GPU) will not only feed the GPU with some cool air but will also push its exhausted hot air more up to be dealt with the 120mm exhaust fans; if i've learned my fluid dynamics well enough, the slow rotation speed of the fan will be actually helpful, and if the GPU temperature drops by 3C-4C, i'll be happy. i'll just have to decide which slim fan to buy. Noctua, Scythe, GELID, or Coolermaster. if my theory doesn't work, then i'll lose no more than $20 (which can be added to my $50 rebates rejected ASRock and Zalman and my $25 Silent Wings 2 fan which is still sealed in its box :D).

Last edited:
okwchin, thanks for the detailed reply. i really appreciate it.

i don't see any contradictions with my plan -- a slim fan [hence, not being super close to the GPU fans] with slow rotation. since the current airflow in my case pulls some of the hot GPU air upwards and exhausts it with the two 120mm side fans, i think adding a slight upward flow (fresh/cool air intake from the bottom towards the GPU) will not only feed the GPU with some cool air but will also push its exhausted hot air more up to be dealt with the 120mm exhaust fans; if i've learned my fluid dynamics well enough, the slow rotation speed of the fan will be actually helpful, and if the GPU temperature drops by 3C-4C, i'll be happy. i'll just have to decide which slim fan to buy. Noctua, Scythe, GELID, or Coolermaster. if my theory doesn't work, then i'll lose no more than $20 (which can be added to my $50 rebates rejected ASRock and Zalman and my $25 Silent Wings 2 fan which is still sealed in its box :D).

The Scythe Slipstream is the best slim 120mm fan I have come across. I was extremely pleased with mine.

http://www.amazon.com/Scythe-Slip-Stream-120mm-SY1212SL12L/dp/B002CYPWTG

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Hi guys, i'm here at CeBIT Fair in Germany and had a little conversation with a staff member of Silverstone. the 600W sfx power supply will launch in mid june globaly.
http://s1.directupload.net/images/140312/aano238k.jpg

Will it be compatible with the PP05-E kit? Any chance it will come stock with one?

Is the 24pin connector shown in the picture modular as well?

Did they have any details regarding the noise profile compared to the 450w?

I can't really tell from the picture, but it looks like it has the 80plus gold certification. Is that correct?

Will it be compatible with the PP05-E kit? Any chance it will come stock with one?

Is the 24pin connector shown in the picture modular as well?

Did they have any details regarding the noise profile compared to the 450w?

I can't really tell from the picture, but it looks like it has the 80plus gold certification. Is that correct?

It was originally rumored to come with the PP05-E kit, and there were CeBit pics showing that kit connected to the new SX600-G, though I don't think it has been confirmed as being included yet.

http://media.bestofmicro.com/CeBIT-Silverstone-sfx-raven-fortress,T-V-426163-22.jpg

The modular connections should be identical to the ST45SF-G.

Translated, one of the CeBit articles said they were focusing on reducing the fan noise.

The SX600-G will be 80+ gold, but it has not been certified yet.

as far as i remember, short flat and full modular cables.
fan speed down to 50% if temps allow it.

fan speed down to 50% if temps allow it.

Bah. So that rules out semi-fanless :(

50% fan actually seems worse than what they're doing with the ST45SF-G v2.0, which is 2900RPM max, and below 50% RPM at low loads. If they're not doing semi-fanless, I really hope they're at least planning on using a different fan.. one that isn't complete garbage.

I ordered my Ncase res over a month ago...I got an email today that the tracking was reprinted, and I just got the res two days ago...yeah

The product looks and feels good, but damn, I'd expect a hand carved res at that rate.

It was originally rumored to come with the PP05-E kit, and there were CeBit pics showing that kit connected to the new SX600-G, though I don't think it has been confirmed as being included yet.

http://media.bestofmicro.com/CeBIT-Silverstone-sfx-raven-fortress,T-V-426163-22.jpg

The modular connections should be identical to the ST45SF-G.

Translated, one of the CeBit articles said they were focusing on reducing the fan noise.

The SX600-G will be 80+ gold, but it has not been certified yet.

i recieved an email from silverstone support int he us that the 600w will infact be able to use the p
p05-e cables

i recieved an email from silverstone support int he us that the 600w will infact be able to use the p
p05-e cables

Yes, I remember you telling us that, and the link I posted was a picture showing that (even though it's just a relabeled ST45SF-G).. but did they tell you whether or not the new SX600-G would actually include the new flat cable kit?

Don't rule anything out :p

Hi everyone, now that we've announced SX600-G this week at CeBIT. I can help clear up a couple of things about this upcoming PSU:

- Semi-fanless - this feature is taken from the current ST30SF model so that means the fan in the SX600-G will spin when its internal temperature reaches a certain point.

- PP05-E standard - this much more flexible and flat cable set will come standard with the SX600-G.

Unfortunately there are still some engineering issues to work out at this moment so I am unable to provide any more detailed information or time frame on its release. Sorry!

50% fan actually seems worse than what they're doing with the ST45SF-G v2.0, which is 2900RPM max, and below 50% RPM at low loads. If they're not doing semi-fanless, I really hope they're at least planning on using a different fan.. one that isn't complete garbage.

Are you really shocked the hot air the 450w pushing out on load i could dry my hair with it, No way in the world it would be semi-fanless.

Are you really shocked the hot air the 450w pushing out on load i could dry my hair with it, No way in the world it would be semi-fanless.

Did you not see WiSK's post right above mine where Silverstone's rep officially confirmed semi-fanless for the new 600W SFX?? :rolleyes:

Why don't people understand that a 450Watt max rated PSU at a load of about 200Watt won't necessary push out more heat, then a 200 or 600Watt max rated PSU at loads of 200Watt :(

Did you not see WiSK's post right above mine where Silverstone's rep officially confirmed semi-fanless for the new 600W SFX?? :rolleyes:

Making a power supply semi-fanless is easy making it run under the requested thermal is a lot harder said than done, I remember talk about the 450w being semi-fanless and look how that turned out.

Why don't people understand that a 450Watt max rated PSU at a load of about 200Watt won't necessary push out more heat, then a 200 or 600Watt max rated PSU at loads of 200Watt :(

Why don't people understand this for a higher output unit the components need to be bigger which end up creating more heat and also less air flow. So yes a 300w unit will have smaller components which equals to less overall heat than a 600w unit :rolleyes: .

Any ways heres some more news about the unit.

http://www.computerbase.de

Why don't people understand this for a higher output unit the components need to be bigger which end up creating more heat and also less air flow. So yes a 300w unit will have smaller components which equals to less overall heat than a 600w unit :rolleyes: .

bullshit ... if the efficency of a psu at a load of 200Watt is 90% for both the 600Watt and the 300Watt model, then the heat generated is about 22Watts ....

edit: If a 600Watt unit has larger compents, this heat should be better distributed as well.

Last edited:
Are you really shocked the hot air the 450w pushing out on load i could dry my hair with it

At full load in an American low voltage socket, any gold rated 450W PSU at full load will generate 66W, plenty to dry your hair with. And it works in a similar way as a hair dryer (heating element + fan), with the handy side effect of running your PC. This is not unique to the ST45SF-G. All PSUs generate heat.

Remember that your blood is around 38C and skin burns at 60C, and anything in between feels hot because the human body recognises danger to itself. Putting your hand in the path of a warm air stream is not a good way to measure temperature, because your body is programmed to trigger an emotional fear reaction.

Hi all, just a quick newb question.

On the community spreadsheet, when people are listing their temperatures at idle; is that assuming the cpu is running at it's rated clock speed? ie: An i7-4770K running at 3.5 Ghz at idle?

Or are the temperatures being posted the temperatures obtained with the speedstep applied? I think it drops it down to 800 or 900 mhz at idle under a balanced power configuration in windows?

If you look at the eBay bids - alot of them were done using accounts with 0 feedback. I would guess sometimes it's the seller pushing up his own prices with another 'ghost' account. It's one of the reasons I quit eBay ... alot of unscrupulous sellers low ball the starting price / inflate shipping fees and cheap out of paying the fee for the 'reserve' price.

Wow, 600W semi-fanless is amazing news!

Now to find all the times Phuncz told me it was only an impossible pipe dream :D
I still have to see it to believe it :p

But if they succeed, wow amazeballs. 30% more power and less noise. If the quality is great too, I'd just get one to show my appreciation.

Maybe I should sell my silver one.

It has me thinking of selling one of mine too. I wonder which would fetch a better price? Black or Silver? Not looking to part with one but holy mackerel that's some serious money to be had. :D

I just bought one on ebay right now. $520 for a slightly used black M1. Comes with ST45SF-G, PP05-E, slim bluray drive and H220. Overall I think it was a fair price and I was planning on buying everything except the H220.

Anyone have case #0179 and want to trade plaques? :D

At full load in an American low voltage socket, any gold rated 450W PSU at full load will generate 66W, plenty to dry your hair with. And it works in a similar way as a hair dryer (heating element + fan), with the handy side effect of running your PC. This is not unique to the ST45SF-G. All PSUs generate heat.

Remember that your blood is around 38C and skin burns at 60C, and anything in between feels hot because the human body recognises danger to itself. Putting your hand in the path of a warm air stream is not a good way to measure temperature, because your body is programmed to trigger an emotional fear reaction.

Yer i understand that man that's why i have a hand held temp gun on a hot day the hot air coming out of the unit can some time go over 50c, The weather cooled down a bit now so its not bad, But i can't see Semi-fanless being worth it in small units as they will always build up heat after awhile so like after 30-60min of running the fan will just kick in whats the point you know? It mite be fine if you live some where cold which i don't.

Yer i understand that man that's why i have a hand held temp gun on a hot day the hot air coming out of the unit can some time go over 50c, The weather cooled down a bit now so its not bad, But i can't see Semi-fanless being worth it in small units as they will always build up heat after awhile so like after 30-60min of running the fan will just kick in whats the point you know? It mite be fine if you live some where cold which i don't.

50C exhaust temps are fine though, as long as the intake temp is below 40C. PSU components aren't so sensitive like a CPU or GPU. The ST30SF only even switches its fan on at 55C internal temp. Will probably be similar with the SX600-G.

Back