NBA 2k9

eurin

[H]ard|Gawd
I got this since it's only $20 and I haven't played bball games since the dreamcast. However, I'm having trouble with this game running too fast.

First time I launched the game last week, menus, gamespeed, everything is on crack and trying to go too fast. I restarted the game and was able to play. This week, it simply won't play at the speed it is supposed to. It isn't the game speed setting in the menu, something is obviously wrong.

Even if you guys haven't played this before, are any video settings known to cause similar problems in other games?

Is there a patch that I need to apply in addition to steam auto patching?

It's definitely abnormally fast. I restarted my computer and got the game to run at a normal speed. I can't nail down what's causing it to start up in a hyper mode sometimes.

You turn Vsync on?

Also could check core affinity... maybe it's not meant for dual/quads...

I have my copy somewhere. I actually play that game on my PS3 since the PC version was a straight port with dribbling sound missing, sigh.

i love this game.

it has happened to me too before, where everything is on nbaJAM2000+ speed. but as already noted, i just restarted the game at it cleared up. hasn't happened in a long time... i do use vsync now and i didnt when i had my 7800gt though (i think thats when it was doing the weird stuff)

Back