Narrowed to a few choices

I'll be getting what jubei suggested in my other thread- AMD64 3000+ and the Corsair Value Select 2x256.
I've waited for a while for the DFI to appear but it seems it will be pushed back for who knows how long.
I've narrowed it down to 3 choices for the mobo.

DFI LANPARTY
MSI K8N Neo Platinum
ASUS "K8N-E Deluxe

I have read a few reviews and have heard some good things about these mobos. Which would you recommend or are there other boards that come to mind that are good and stable? One with a firewire port is prefered. Don't care for OCing either.
Or should I just wait for the DFI?

WookieRookie said:
I'll be getting what jubei suggested in my other thread- AMD64 3000+ and the Corsair Value Select 2x256.
I've waited for a while for the DFI to appear but it seems it will be pushed back for who knows how long.
I've narrowed it down to 3 choices for the mobo.

DFI LANPARTY
MSI K8N Neo Platinum
ASUS "K8N-E Deluxe

I have read a few reviews and have heard some good things about these mobos. Which would you recommend or are there other boards that come to mind that are good and stable? One with a firewire port is prefered. Don't care for OCing either.
Or should I just wait for the DFI?

Those 3 boards are all about the same, which is probably why you are still in decision mode. If you don't OC you can skip the DFI board, since that seems to be it's claim to fame. Either of the remaining two are good stable boards. Toss a coin, you can't lose.

I have the MSI K8N NEO FSR, not Platinum. Great board for my purposes. Not as fancy as the Platinum, but probably performs the same. Never gives me any grief.

yes, a good enermax or antec 350w PSu will be totally fine, especially if you're not OCing (even if you are...) and ide go with the MSI and asus boards, even if you are OCing the DFI is somewhat overhyped, it is a good board, but not worth jumping over hills for.

Back