N00bish BIOS Flashing Questions For 9800GX2

svet-am

Supreme [H]ardness
I just got a good deal on a 9800GX2 that I'm planning to couple with my existing one for a quad SLI rig.

Since I was going to have to tear down my PC anyway, I was thinking of updating both cards to the latest BIOS from over at MVKTech.

I found and downloaded the latest stock BIOS for my card model. In the .ZIP file there are two BIOS ROMs. One has a value of 0790 and the other is 0791.

From my research on Google and other forums, my understanding if that I should flash the 0790 BIOS to device 1 on the card and the 0791 BIOS to device 2 on the card.

Am I understanding this correctly?

I don't intend to do any BIOS modding (yet). I just want to make sure that I am understanding the nuances of 9800GX2 BIOS flashing properly.

Is there anything else I need to do other than the above? :eek:

watch those BIOS @ MVKTech. I bricked a card with a bad BIOS from there. Make sure you check it b4 flashing.

watch those BIOS @ MVKTech. I bricked a card with a bad BIOS from there. Make sure you check it b4 flashing.

Fair enough. In the worst case, I check the BIOS revisions on the cards that I have and just dump the newer one to disk and flash it to the other card.

I've been reading a lot and making sure that both 9800's have the same BIOS can go a long way to a successful quad SLI rig so I'm trying to do my due diligence.

Back