Mystery Of The Disappearing Cursor

malor

Limp Gawd
I have my Powerbook hooked up to my HDTV, the lid is closed when I'm using it on the television. I have it connected to my bluetooth mouse and keyboard. But when the laptop sleeps, or I turn off the tv for a longer period of time, when I come back, my cursor has dissapeared. It is still fully functional, but for some reason it is invisible, the only thing that seems to sure it is restarting. Any suggestions? Has anyone even seen this?

Specs: Powerbook 12 innch G4 1.33 - 512mb ram, 80gb HDD, OSX v. 10.3.8.

This exact same thing happens on my g/f's 12 inch powerbook sometimes when connecting a screen. It's very annoying and baffling.

You're the first person I've ever seen mention it. Hopefully someone else can provide a solution...

Interesting, What is the model of the screen that both of you connect to? I have a Samsung 50 Inch DLP. My friend told me that DLP tv's default to 1280x720, I really don't know, hoping to reference your displays to my own, perhapse we can come to a conclusion together.

I'm positive that my PB's video card offers 1920x1080

malor said:
Interesting, What is the model of the screen that both of you connect to?

It has happened one time or another with the following displays:

- dell 21 inch Trinitron
- dell 2005FPW
- Viewsonic p95f+

It doesn't always happen either. In fact it's been a few weeks since I've seen it happen. Also in my g/f's case it isn't happening when sleeping/lid closed, it's just with regards to how the monitor is connected..

One small thing I think that may have helped avoid it was to have the display powered up and fully connected before even connecting the mini-DVI connector to the Powerbook. If the mini-DVI connector was connected first and then the DVI or VGA connector was attached to the mini-DVI's end afterwards, it would present the hidden cursor issue...

The plot thickens :cool:

I apologise for my last post here, I was mixed up on the topic. I don't think display is the issue, it has hapened to me on my Samsung and on multiple sony displays. I'm not one to delve into software glitches, but hopefully osx Tiger will have fixed this problem.

Back