My Voodoo Case Concept

Ken_C

Weaksauce
I have been a fan of Voodoo PCs for a very long time. I was very excited when the blackbird came out it looked very cool but after reading about the weight 80lbs.I just couldnt take it with me on lan parties so I passed it up. Next the firebird it was light compact but lacked the ability for upgrades.I upgrade video cards every 8months.I had a few slow days at work and decided to take it to the next level. I have access to a cnc lazer cutter so their is no limits.

I will always update this with the current stage pics of the project. This is where im at now.

teaser1.jpg

teaser2.jpg

Last edited:
What are your goals exactly with this project?

To build what I cannot buy.I love the looks of the blackbird/firebird but due to limitations I will be creating what I would have liked to see from HP. It is just for fun nothing else.

hey, i really like that! cases from scratch are so much more badass. ;) i like the tilt you gave it. i assume there will be a huge fan in front on the floor? and how did you do the curved corners? it looks like you bent aluminum angles but im not sure how you did it to make it so pretty and so precise. definitely gonna watch this log. keep up the good work!

To build what I cannot buy.I love the looks of the blackbird/firebird but due to limitations I will be creating what I would have liked to see from HP. It is just for fun nothing else.

Sounds good, can't wait to see more pictures :D

Impressive work so far. It looks like it will turn out quite nice.

Fitted motherboard and added brackets for the tripple rad

1.jpg

Also the front and top will now be wrapped in Perforated Aluminum
teaser4.jpg

Looking sweet man, cant wait to see the final product, but I am definately with Ken_C on how did you do the curved corners on angle aluminum? :D

Looking sweet man, cant wait to see the final product, but I am definately with Ken_C on how did you do the curved corners on angle aluminum? :D

that was me. Ken_C is the OP. so something just occurred to me ken. if you put too many HDDs and optical drives in the front, this thing might fall forward. haha!

lol my bad :rolleyes:, ok what I meant to say was ekuest, but anyways it is pretty cool, and I like it alot.

haha no i wasnt offended or anything. just trying to make it less confusing for ken when he reads all this later. :D

To bend the corners I cut 3 small triangles then bend them to suite I them filled them with auto fill.

Last edited:
To bend the corners I cut 3 small triangles then bend them to suite I them filled them with auto fill.

Sweet thanks man, I think I might have to try it one of these days, if I ever get around to doing a custom mod. lol :rolleyes:

OK today a few more changes shortened the feet alittle made side case panel and are now fitting brackets for the powersupply and mini cd rom drive. My Tripple rad should be in monday but the Perforated Aluminum wont be in untile a week :(

5.jpg

6.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Its getting there still have to cut out the slim dvd drive and make HD brackets.

front.jpg

top.jpg

side.jpg

wow that looks really good with the mesh. can you link me to the mesh you used and let me know how you curved it so nicely? just bend it over pole or something?

The words 'Mac' and 'G5' come to mind :D

Looks good :)

nah i think much more "lian li v2000" from the rounded corners and the mesh panels. the g5 had those stupid handles/whatever they were. :) you gonna paint/powerder coat this thing ken? man i am just full of questions.

nah i think much more "lian li v2000" from the rounded corners and the mesh panels. the g5 had those stupid handles/whatever they were. :) you gonna paint/powerder coat this thing ken? man i am just full of questions.

Perhaps so, but the G5 case really was the iconic mesh front case :) The v2000 of course looks like it too ^_^

fine. kens case looks like a v2000, which looks like a g5. happy now? :rolleyes::D

wow that looks really good with the mesh. can you link me to the mesh you used and let me know how you curved it so nicely? just bend it over pole or something?

I got the mesh on ebay.

here is how I bend it.

bend2.jpg

bend1.jpg

Update:

I decided on painting its cheaper and if I get a scratch I can buff it out. Im still undecided about the colour thou.

primed1.jpg

primed2.jpg

primed3.jpg

primed4.jpg

damn dude. that looks HELLA good. nice job with the slot load.

Pretty nice....always wanted to fab a metal case, but always wind up doing a wood and aluminum one instead.

I finally decided on gloss black (deep black lacquer).

paint1.jpg

paint2.jpg

paint3.jpg

Assembally to follow when I have some dedicated time.

That's a pretty slick looking case, awesome for completely custom! Keep up the work!

Back