My two Velociraptors in RAID0 benchmarks!

sram

[H]ard|Gawd
I just wanted to share with you my results, and see how they compare to similar configurations if anybody care to post his results.

Nice!
Can you move the test block size to 8MB in settings and try and run it again?
(that little icon beside the floppy symbol)

This is the result of my Areca-1222 controller vs. your ICH9R for comparisons sake.
HDTune_2VR300R0.png

More from my original thread: http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1313337

Here is a comparison to three MTRON server SSDs in RAID 0 with an Areca card and an 8MB block size:

2gv7xj7.jpg

LOL, I just got one of these and I was going to post about how much I love it and how cool & fast it is but this has me beat, no doubt! :)

Awesome! Great drive, I can't tell you how much I love it. Well worth the money and tangible performance increases in day to day computing!

<i>Here is a comparison to three MTRON server SSDs in RAID 0 with an Areca card and an 8MB block size</i>

3xSSD for 90G total? What size are those?

These are three 32GB drives in a custom overclocked quadcore machine built for my business by Overdive PC (a division of Velocity Micro).

The goal for this machine was to compensate for badly behaved combinations of applications where the excessive number of small disk hits was degrading the overall response time. Total throughput and file size was not an issue.

The interesting thing is that reading canislupy's original thread, if maximum throughput is the goal then 4 to 6 Velociraptors would really outperform the SSDs and be a lot cheaper.

And yes the performance improvement in every day PC usage is quite noticeable..

Ouch, my new raid 0 with velociraptors and im only getting 104 megs average. This is way lower than what you guys are getting with yours, and other bench marks i've seen. I probably havent installed the right drivers or something. Any ideas? Where can i check to see if they are running in sata 2 mode?

im running on a msi k8n neo4 platinum btw.

Thanks

5134504-945.JPG

I used a 32K stripe for my first 60GB OS short-stroked Matrix volume, and a 64K stripe for my second 400GB Matrix volume. Mine are flying!

Back