My Trinity A10 HP Pavilion dv6z is shipping today!

cyrusfox

Limp Gawd
I wanted the sleek book with the low power 25w A10, but they didn't offer it with a high res screen, so I went for the DV6z and picked up a discrete 7730m even though I believe it won't hybrid crossfire. I am so excited I had to tell someone. Here are the specs.

HP Pavilion dv6z
• Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
• AMD Quad-Core A10-4600M Accelerated Processor (3.2GHz/2.3GHz, 4MB L2 Cache)
• 2GB AMD Radeon(TM) HD 7730M Graphics
• FREE Upgrade to 6GB 1600MHz DDR3 System Memory (2 Dimm)
• Microsoft(R) Office Starter: reduced-functionality Word/Excel(R) only, No PowerPoint(R)/Outlook(R)
• FREE Upgrade to 640GB 5400RPM Hard Drive
• No additional security software
• One 6 Cell and One 9 Cell Lithium Ion Battery
• 15.6-inch diagonal Full HD Anti-glare LED-backlit Display (1920 x 1080)
• SuperMulti 8X DVD+/-R/RW with Double Layer Support
• HP TrueVision Webcam with Integrated Digital Microphone + HP SimplePass Fingerprint Reader
• 802.11b/g/n WLAN
• Backlit Keyboard
• HP Home & Home Office Store in-box envelope

Total price with tax $895.41 (was able to use EPP and also use the $100 off coupon EPPVIP)

More than I wanted to spend, but I have been hankering for a backlit keyboard for a long long time, just gave my c60 AO722 to a sister-in-law in need, so all I have been using is the wifes x120e and the water cooled 3570k desktop. I can't believe I spent so much for a laptop that has such a weak discrete card, but I got my 1080p and an extra $75 for a discrete GPU seemed like a good idea.

With SSD prices crashing, I think I'll wait a couple of months for the prices to come down even further. This is what happens when Samsung, Hynix and IMFT all release 20nm Nand, only one way consumer prices can go, I still can't believe I spent $150 for a 128gb Vertex 4.

Thinking of upgrading the ram with this Corsair model, fastest 1600 MHz 8gb dimms I could find(10-10-10-27), able to get two for $102.58(using coupon code BTENDHE43).

Now the waiting truly begins...

Hey, I'm just happy to see a 15.6 laptop with the option of an Trinity A8/A10 and a decent screen rez.

Everything else I've seen is 1368x768, which is just horrible on a 15" screen.

I would rather see it from ANYBODY other then HP, but if this is still the only decent option come when we buy the wife a new laptop in August/September, we might be going this way.

Back