My temps seem weird.

BlinD87

n00b
My mobo is a Soyo p4s dragon ultra. And my temps are a little screwey. Temp 1 on speed fan is about 74deg C, Temp 2 27deg C, Temp3 31deg C, and "Temp" is 14deg C. Weird. And mbm5 also concludes the same results. Are my sensors screwed? To the touch the HSF on my proc is cool, not even warm. That 74deg one bothers me. Anyone know whats up? :(

Oh and btw the system is a p4 2ghz with some random HSF I found at a comp store. :eek:

i stopped trusting my hardware temps when it said my cpu was running at -8c when it was around 30c out side...

Well, when you use the reference MBM's website. Which sensor corresponds to what? The 74 C probe might be messed? Also which board is it exactly, model name please.

Also, maybe try googling your board and see if there are any temperature problems with your board.

its an p4s dragon ultra (thats the model). Where does it say which sensor is for what on the mbm site?

At the MBM site, look under Motherboard List. Go under Soyo for you and find your mobo and tell us which sensor correspond to which. I think I see two models that are P4 dragon Ultra : SY P4X400 dragon ultra platinum and SY-P4S 645DX DRAGON Ultra.

It could be that the chip sensor is messed because your CPU and case temp sound reasonable but still a little high. Maybe you can look inside your case and try to find something that is 74C, but I think it's that one sensor seems messed. Maybe it's under too much pressure or something. For me, my chip sensor shows the temp to be close to my Case temp.

Its getting water soon. Might go ahead and put a block on the chipset as well.

Whatelse confuses me is how sometimes the cpu temp drops below the case fan temp randomly.

Can you guys recommend what external probes to use? And how would you place them for say cpu temp?

Make sure your bios is updated to the latest version and e-mail soyo about the problem. My cpu used to run kind of warm or so I thought, then I updated the bios, and my temps dropped ten degrees Celcius.

Back