My switch from scrypt to X11

Port 3336, not setting a price.

I'm using the same SPH-SGMiner settings I was for Darkcoin.

What is the average equivalent of btc/mh/day you are getting for X11? Based on the site it looks like its ~.001 btc/mh/day?

I'm at 20 hours now... thus far I've gotten about 0.06 BTC with 5.6mhs.

Normally, I'm good for 2mhs on scrypt but my old HD6870 does better on X11. It's actually doing 1.1mhs vs. the 1.4mhs each of the three 270s are doing.

Wow that is insane. That is around .01 btc/mh for X11! Guess I'm switching over to that today.

It's only showing me A:9 for the past three and a half hours - I've been going by the stats at the website instead. I'm sure the miner itself isn't telling me the whole story.

Wow that is insane. That is around .01 btc/mh for X11! Guess I'm switching over to that today.

Misplaced a decimal point. I keep doing that :(

Should be 0.006 BTC. Seems to be doing about what I would get with scrypt, only with much cooler running cards. No brainer to me.

What is the average equivalent of btc/mh/day you are getting for X11? Based on the site it looks like its ~.001 btc/mh/day?

hashrate is roughly TRIPLED when you switch to X11 so factor that in and X11 is actually higher paying than scrypt quite often right now. rates are all over the place.. go to the thread about betarigs for more on it being all over the place!

hashrate is roughly TRIPLED when you switch to X11 so factor that in and X11 is actually higher paying than scrypt quite often right now. rates are all over the place.. go to the thread about betarigs for more on it being all over the place!

I have moved one of my three rigs over, the other two are still on scrypt as Dogecoin is still profitable and in most cases more than Dark or Hiro. But I do beleive they will go up so been thinking of moving over, espcially Hiro as it is low difficuility.

I have moved one of my three rigs over, the other two are still on scrypt as Dogecoin is still profitable and in most cases more than Dark or Hiro. But I do beleive they will go up so been thinking of moving over, espcially Hiro as it is low difficuility.

If you're not the speculate on coins person then just lease your rigs out like I've been doing and just use the BTC to stragiht BUY whatever coins you want.

how is WU measured in X11? on a single 290 I can get 2.4MH with moderate settings ( 1000/1300) but my WU is reported at .046 which I'm not sure if it's good or not.

also getting this on one of my miners

[19:42:59] Kernel darkcoin is experimental.
[19:42:59] Error -11: Building Program (clBuildProgram)
[19:42:59] Internal error: Input OpenCL binary is not for the target!

[19:42:59] Failed to init GPU thread 0, disabling device 0
[19:42:59] Restarting the GPU from the menu will not fix this.
[19:42:59] Try restarting sgminer.

Not really sure what's up with it, this error doesn't seem to show up in google for mining.

EDIT: NVM it was my TC settings being too high I take it.

Last edited:
also getting this on one of my miners

[19:42:59] Kernel darkcoin is experimental.
[19:42:59] Error -11: Building Program (clBuildProgram)
[19:42:59] Internal error: Input OpenCL binary is not for the target!

[19:42:59] Failed to init GPU thread 0, disabling device 0
[19:42:59] Restarting the GPU from the menu will not fix this.
[19:42:59] Try restarting sgminer.

Not really sure what's up with it, this error doesn't seem to show up in google for mining.

EDIT: NVM it was my TC settings being too high I take it.

I honestly do not use any other settings (not even TC) in my config other than intensity. Didn't see much of a gain.

So I know the question has sort of been asked before, but who's doing what on X11? Are there many multipools that support it? I know of Blackcoinpool and I probably will hit that one up again for awhile.

Not really looking to do Darkcoin, especially not after what was posted here on the forums about it.

I don't have time for the "new coin shuffle" so ideally I'd like to just set my rigs up on a multipool and just let them go. What are the best options out there for that?

So I know the question has sort of been asked before, but who's doing what on X11? Are there many multipools that support it? I know of Blackcoinpool and I probably will hit that one up again for awhile.

Not really looking to do Darkcoin, especially not after what was posted here on the forums about it.

I don't have time for the "new coin shuffle" so ideally I'd like to just set my rigs up on a multipool and just let them go. What are the best options out there for that?

I just leave mine on Nicehash, it's still as profitable as scrypt even at the crap rate it is now, but of course with the x11 benefits, less power usage, less heat.

I just leave mine on Nicehash, it's still as profitable as scrypt even at the crap rate it is now, but of course with the x11 benefits, less power usage, less heat.

Same here. About all I've done today is set it up so my miners go to my failover Darkcoin pool when Nicehash goes below 1 BTC/ghash/day. So far, that hasn't happened too often.

Same here. About all I've done today is set it up so my miners go to my failover Darkcoin pool when Nicehash goes below 1 BTC/ghash/day. So far, that hasn't happened too often.

That's exactly how i've got mine set up :D. DRK price is still going apeshit, wish i mined more of it.

Yeah, I spent too much time mining VTC before getting into DRK. By the time I did, the price was spiking and so was the difficulty.

Ah well - holding all my VTC and DRK anyway. Would love it if the prices of each swapped places.

hmmm not sure what's going on, my one miner keeps crashing the videocard driver, it was rock solid with scrypt, am I missing something? using sph-sgminer with darkcoin kernel

2 x 290x @ default speeds. though I am using thestilt bios on them. Running scrypt even @ higher speeds it was rock stable, now It crashes within 10 seconds.

also I tried running with just 1 card, didn't make a difference.

and NVM it looks like I messed something up with the driver when removing old ones, fixed now, 2.7mh per 290x @ stock speed, it seems that X11 is not as memory intensive since my 290 non -x with the stock bios and elpidia memory hashes @ 2.4mh

Last edited:
Yeah, I spent too much time mining VTC before getting into DRK. By the time I did, the price was spiking and so was the difficulty.

Ah well - holding all my VTC and DRK anyway. Would love it if the prices of each swapped places.

VTC itself isn't doing too bad. The price has been rising the past few days, sitting at 1.27 per coin right now and it's fairly easy to mine. (just doesn't feel as fast due to the 1/2 hash rate that's inherent in the miner (you might get 800khash on scrypt, on ScryptN it's suddenly 400khash.

I have 3500khash pointed at VTC right now -- i get about 12 or 13 coins per day. Will probably move to X11 nicehash or blackcoinpool just because the reduction in power use is important to me. I just got an electric bill and it was high... (to me at least $136) Here's the kicker that will piss everyone off. $136 was because I used something like 2600kwh (5 mining rigs, some air conditioner use) etc etc.

VTC itself isn't doing too bad. The price has been rising the past few days, sitting at 1.27 per coin right now and it's fairly easy to mine. (just doesn't feel as fast due to the 1/2 hash rate that's inherent in the miner (you might get 800khash on scrypt, on ScryptN it's suddenly 400khash.

I have 3500khash pointed at VTC right now -- i get about 12 or 13 coins per day. Will probably move to X11 nicehash or blackcoinpool just because the reduction in power use is important to me. I just got an electric bill and it was high... (to me at least $136) Here's the kicker that will piss everyone off. $136 was because I used something like 2600kwh (5 mining rigs, some air conditioner use) etc etc.

Same, VTC is going crazy the last week or so. I switched all my rigs over a couple days ago from X11. Almost doubled my earnings over X11 in the last 24hrs. My power is cheap, so I'll stick with VTC for now and the difficulty of X11 has shot through the roof in the last week or so.

Same, VTC is going crazy the last week or so. I switched all my rigs over a couple days ago from X11. Almost doubled my earnings over X11 in the last 24hrs. My power is cheap, so I'll stick with VTC for now and the difficulty of X11 has shot through the roof in the last week or so.

are you referring to the X11 type? or the coin actually called X11?

IMO -- whoever created that coin is a fucking retard. The most unimaginative and confusing name possible. If I asked you what type of car you drove and you told me "Microsoft" - that would tell me NOTHING about what you actually drive.

are you referring to the X11 type? or the coin actually called X11?

IMO -- whoever created that coin is a fucking retard. The most unimaginative and confusing name possible. If I asked you what type of car you drove and you told me "Microsoft" - that would tell me NOTHING about what you actually drive.

Anybody even choosing to mine such a stupid coin is stupid. Lets just pretend that coin doesn't exist. When speaking of X11 it'll just be the algo

I was referring to the Algo-not the coin. I've been mining Drk for the past week or so, but I'm doing so much better with VTC now I don't see myself going back unless the difficulty comes back down. Pulling 10-15 VTC per day now with only 2MHs. That's almost double what I was making with Drk.

I was referring to the Algo-not the coin. I've been mining Drk for the past week or so, but I'm doing so much better with VTC now I don't see myself going back unless the difficulty comes back down. Pulling 10-15 VTC per day now with only 2MHs. That's almost double what I was making with Drk.

And probably double the power usage too, which matters for a lot of folks. :)

Double production for double power usage with the same hardware? You would be stupid not to take that.

Double production for double power usage with the same hardware? You would be stupid not to take that.

depends on where you're at really. That twice as much heat is more like 3x harder to get rid of. AC running more, fans running more its really no worth it because yes income doubles but the expenses will MORE THAN double when you factor in additional cooling. Long term wear on the hardware is also greater.

I played with scrypt-N for a little bit today and got quite a few errors. scrypt-N is not quite as plug in and go as X11 which has proven to be very simple to get going on.

I'm personally fine with taking the profit hit of a few bucks a day mining x11 for a lot less noise and heat. (With the GPU's anyway, got my Gridseed's stuck on LTC still).

No... not really. While Scrypt-N is not as power efficient as X11, it is still about 90% the consumption of plain Scrypt. So there is some meager power savings there too. This translates into a couple degrees less heat and a small amount less wear and tear on GPUs.

nice to know there is a small savings with ScryptN -- I have my 3.5Mhash of ScryptN power pointed at VTC.

The universal reality of mining any coin with any encryption type is that results vary on the parameters of the person mining.

* - Are you short term or long term (aka a gambling man)
* - What do you pay for power? (i pay 5 cents per kwh... you bet your ass I'd have sold the farm LONG ago if I was paying 15-20 cents per.
* - Geographic location? If you are "really north" cooling is never an issue. I'm in North Texas and while things have been relatively cool lately we are only a few weeks away from highs in the 105 and lows in the 90s. You bet your ass I'm switching to X11 full time when I want to cool down.

Back