My new Lian Li PC-7B Plus (ever so slightly modded)

TBogue

n00b
Just finished throwing together what I had on hand.
Still need to clean up the wiring a bit, and I have two led 120mm fans still on the way.

Pics:

P1010147.jpg

P1010146.jpg

More pics

http://photobucket.com/albums/v108/TavisB94XJ/Lian-Li/

Nuzzles said:
The CCFL, duh!
ok, I see. :rolleyes: Thanks.
------------------------------------------------------------
Hey now that I see it, I like the mod. It looks perfect on the PC.

Nuzzles said:
The CCFL, duh!
:rolleyes:

I drilled out an extra bay cover to replace the plexi faceplate of the zalman fan controller. Big deal, I know. Thats why I said "slightly" modded ;)

Dammit I can't find this case in Toronto, especially the one with the 120mm exhaust. :(

Its pretty quiet. lots more quiet than my last case with a crap load of 80mm fans in it. I think the hsf is the loudest component now.

TBogue said:
:rolleyes:

I drilled out an extra bay cover to replace the plexi faceplate of the zalman fan controller. Big deal, I know. Thats why I said "slightly" modded ;)

Yeah, I know, I'm just messing with ya. :D

Nice case, but I believe the PC-7 Plus is what you have. The "B" is used to designate the black cases. :)
If you want to clean up there wires, you might check out this mod.

Picture023 (1) (Small).jpg

Picture023 (Small).jpg

also, somethings out of place in that case - can anyone spot it?

TBogue said:

That's actually the mod I'm most impressed with on that case. Well done. I've considered that fan controller a few times (before deciding to get an Aqua Computer Aquaero) but hated how it looked stock.

Great job!

EnderW said:

Which, yours or his? I noticed your top most CD/DVD drive is pushed aout an inch to far forward. Other than that... I didn't notice anything.

At first I thought his LEDs were reversed then I remembered Lian-Li has them that way.

BellaCroix said:
Which, yours or his? I noticed your top most CD/DVD drive is pushed aout an inch to far forward. Other than that... I didn't notice anything.

His bezel isn't on. :p

Nuzzles said:
His bezel isn't on. :p

You mean the PCI slot cover? Hadn't noticed that. Maybe he's planning on installing one of those video card cooling ducts from AC (not Aqua Computer, the other one).

BellaCroix said:
You mean the PCI slot cover? Hadn't noticed that. Maybe he's planning on installing one of those video card cooling ducts from AC (not Aqua Computer, the other one).
No, his bezzel.

I.e the whole front of the case is off

EnderW said:
Nice case, but I believe the PC-7 Plus is what you have. The "B" is used to designate the black cases. :)
If you want to clean up there wires, you might check out this mod.

Ah...got the "B" and "Plus" confused, but somehow put em both in there :). Fixed.

Oh, I do have a video card cooler, but I changed my mind about using it (noise) for now, and put that PCI slot cover back in :)

BellaCroix said:

Mine. The CD drive looks like it's too far out because the front of the case isn't on in that picture.

Here's a hint - try and identify my case based on what you can see in the picture.

EnderW said:
Mine. The CD drive looks like it's too far out because the front of the case isn't on in that picture.

Here's a hint - try and identify my case based on what you can see in the picture.

I think you're looking for people to say Lian Li PC-7B Plus.
I'm going to say one of those Kingwin ones though. :p

I'm not sure of the case exactly but I don't think it's a Lian-Li based on the internal HDD rack. Doesn't look like the Lian-Li cage.

Nuzzles said:
I think you're looking for people to say Lian Li PC-7B Plus.
I'm going to say one of those Kingwin ones though. :p
Of course it's a Lian Li.

BellaCroix said:
I'm not sure of the case exactly but I don't think it's a Lian-Li based on the internal HDD rack. Doesn't look like the Lian-Li cage.
You're on the right track.

It's a PC-65B with the HDD cage from a PC-7B Plus :p

EnderW said:
You're on the right track.

It's a PC-65B with the HDD cage from a PC-7B Plus :p
what, do you just like mounting your drives horizontally rather than vertically?

wierdo. :)p)

to the OP: you should stealth the cdrom with a blank plate rather than that CD cover thing... it looks better/cooler (IMO).

nice case.

no, I bought a PC-7B Plus to replace my PC-65B

then I built a computer for someone and used the PC-65B, they only had one HDD, so I swapped the cages

rogue_jedi said:
to the OP: you should stealth the cdrom with a blank plate rather than that CD cover thing... it looks better/cooler (IMO).

I think that might confuse the crap outta my wife :D

Back