My new laptop Dell D600 for $250

ToyYoda03

[H]ard|Gawd
I must say, overall I love this thing! Works great, ran some tests and they all passed fine. It came with some minor scratches though, and a little bump on the back. Doesnt really bother me though.

Cat not included with purchase

1.3ghz Centrino
1x 512 pc2100
20gb 4200rpm travelstar (im thinking about going 40gb 7200, but not sure)
ATI mobility 9000 32mb version
Came with battery and modular batter

I bought a cd drive and restore cds for 60 total.

Link to auction for those who dont believe
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=6704661866&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT

IMG_2100.jpg

IMG_2102.jpg

IMG_2104.jpg

IMG_2105.jpg

IMG_2106.jpg

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Looks like you got in on a pretty nice deal there...is it pretty light? Hopefully you get some nice battery life out of it...good catch!

Cwllr said:
Looks like you got in on a pretty nice deal there...is it pretty light? Hopefully you get some nice battery life out of it...good catch!

I dont really know, how light is a laptop normally? Batterys seem to weigh it down. Battery life with both is about 8 hours

those are pretty cool laptops. VERY nice catch indeed. we use those laptops at work...does yours come with the built in wireless??

nst6563 said:
those are pretty cool laptops. VERY nice catch indeed. we use those laptops at work...does yours come with the built in wireless??

yup!

ToyYoda03 said:
I dont really know, how light is a laptop normally? Batterys seem to weigh it down. Battery life with both is about 8 hours

Awesome battery life too!

Well, here is the product link at dell for that laptop, which lists the weight at 4.68 pounds, but it might be more if you have 2 batteries in there, but that's not really heavy. I'd say that's around average. Definitely a great deal with that kind of battery life though.

man...i'm about to pay 1400 for one of those from my university :p

d600
1.5ghz dothan
SXGA+
512 2 dimms
40 gig 5400
internal B/G wireless
DVD/CD-RW
3 year on site next day warranty with complete care (thats why I'm paying so much but I think its worth it)

Shinji said:
man...i'm about to pay 1400 for one of those from my university :p

d600
1.5ghz dothan
SXGA+
512 2 dimms
40 gig 5400
internal B/G wireless
DVD/CD-RW
3 year on site next day warranty with complete care (thats why I'm paying so much but I think its worth it)
See if you can get that 512mbs of memory in a single DIMM man. You'll thank yourself later if you want to upgrade because as it is now you'll have to disgard one of your DIMMs when you want to upgrade your memory. (I'd be surprised if there are more than 2 SODIMM slots on your laptop).

That's a rockin' good deal! If I was the one who jumped on the deal, it will go perfect with my Inspiron 600m (it's similar to the D600 and I think they both use the same modular bay system). Enjoy your laptop dude!

Thats a great deal! I love the D600's. I have the D800 and my boss has the 600, his is so much smaller and more portable. I love it.

$50.00 for doing nothing? I'll give you 300 for it right now! :)

Good deal dude.

Shinji said:
Good luck with that warranty, i've had nothing but bad experiences with their "onsite" warranty (or any warranty for that matter) and i've heard nothing but bad stories.

MikeF98765 said:
Good luck with that warranty, i've had nothing but bad experiences with their "onsite" warranty (or any warranty for that matter) and i've heard nothing but bad stories.
here's a good story (bought lappy in Germany though):

I was in Ireland working with my new Laptop and the Bluetooth broke (common thing back in 2003). called them up, 1.5 days later guy came to work, fixed it, left, everything worked fine, not a cent charged.

Batteries:
I had mine on my transatlantic flight with me the other day, with both fully charged batteries and the 'saving options' on (i.e. low display light etc) you'll get ~6.5 hours of usage.

ToyYoda03 said:

More like six hours if you're using wireless or the onboard ethernet. I have a D600; nice piece of gear. I use mine strictly for work, but I can game on it if I must.

Very nice. I remember buying my 600m like a year and a half ago. I think I paid like 2300 or something with a 1 year warranty. The 600m is pretty much they same computer and is a real good system. Enjoy it.

drizzt81 said:
here's a good story (bought lappy in Germany though):

I was in Ireland working with my new Laptop and the Bluetooth broke (common thing back in 2003). called them up, 1.5 days later guy came to work, fixed it, left, everything worked fine, not a cent charged.

Batteries:
I had mine on my transatlantic flight with me the other day, with both fully charged batteries and the 'saving options' on (i.e. low display light etc) you'll get ~6.5 hours of usage.

I own a d600 and its a pretty sweet notebook especially if you travel. Its lightweight and pretty stacked. If you fly a lot i suggest getting an iGo. good for those transatlantic flights.

Back