My new case and homemade block.

plywood99

[H]ard|Gawd
I got tired of all the standard looking cases so I picked this baby up at Office Depot for $40 bucks. It WAS a file case till the dremel got O hold of it... :D
Isometric1.JPG

I cut the lower backside out and screwed the rear piece from my sloppy Chenbro case into it's place.

Backside1.JPG

This pic is with the lid up. All the w/c stuff is mounted onto the underside of the lid. The rad is for a 1990 Ford E150 van. I'ts about 60% bigger than a chevette core.

Open1.JPG

Lastly, here is my home brewed water block which works better than my old Zalman WB2-G. It's made from 1/4inch copper, with a whitewater channel design. Top is cut from a cutting board.

Block1.JPG

I still need to do some touching up to give it that professional look, otherwise I think it turned out pretty good.

Also, since the box is made from felt lined plywood, it is extremely quiet. Guess I'll be able to put in a more powerful fan.

AMiller said:
Not half bad, any better shots of the block before you put it on?

I forgot to take pics of the inside. But I will be modding it for a center inlet design here shortly and will take some pics...

curse you and your DFI ho-finity: i recognize those mosfets and coils a mile away. what's this "infinity" stuff? we both know the truth.

nice box-mod, though.

is it very heavy? easy to carry using those handles on the sides?

DFI Daishi said:
curse you and your DFI ho-finity: i recognize those mosfets and coils a mile away. what's this "infinity" stuff? we both know the truth.

nice box-mod, though.

is it very heavy? easy to carry using those handles on the sides?

BOW DOWN TO TEH L33T INFINITE.... :D

This thing is super-lite. Serious, it probably weighs half what my old Chenbro Gaming Bomb case did.

On a side note, when I redo my block I am definetely going to go with a res instead of a T-line. It was a true pain to bleed out the air... :mad:

Hopefully this weekend I will have a chance to pretty it up a bit and try doing a Jet-Impingement style top for my block.

Back