My Lite On Burner has stopped working...

Pipo

Gawd
Sometime since I last burned a cd (beginning of Jan), my 52x lite on burner stopped working... It plays cds fine, but refuses to burn anything. Im attempting to burn media off my hdd onto cds. Im using nero, and have tried different settings 40x and 32x. Everytime I try to burn, the nero progress bars goes to 5% and stops. Locks up everything it seems. Ive tried several different cds too. I'm stumped.
:confused:
Help me!

Make sure nothing is running in the background that may somehow be conflicting. In other words close all extraneous programs. If all else fails another simple step is to reinstall the software.

That's pretty much the same problem I have with this 16x LiteOn burner I bought over two years ago. I can read CDs with it without any issues, but it won't burn a single CD anymore.

After hearing about other people having issues with LiteOn drives, I decided to spend a bit more money and get only decent drives from that time on.

I had the same problem. Firmware update allowed the drive to read, but it still hung up every time I tried to write. The cure was a driver rollback to remove the nvidia drivers for the ide controller and return to msft. No problems since.

DANG! I havent tinkered around with it yet, but I did update nvidia drivers since...

Ive downloaded the new firmware update.. but im not clear on how to go about the update...
Any help?

I hear the nForce IDE drivers are awful, just stick with the Windows XP ones. As said above, it may solve some problems

Originally posted by Pipo
Ive downloaded the new firmware update.. but im not clear on how to go about the update...
Any help?
I replied in your earlier thread. Just double-click on the .exe from the Lite-On site, let it complete the update and reboot.

Damn it! I updated the firmware, but the drive won't burn yet... now I have to resort to messing around with nforce2 drivers...

Ever thought it might be Nero?

I had Nero 6 kept locking on me at 100% then killing itself, updated to the latest update and problem was solved.

I dont know what the problem is anymore. last night i tried to burn a music cd. but this time i let it go through all the weird noisees and stalling. after a minute or two of this, it started burning like it use too..:confused:

Back