My HyperKin Retron 5 came this week

piscian18

[H]F Junkie
So my HyperKin Retron 5 showed up this week after something like a year wait. I honestly thought amazon was dicking me around for a while but I guess it just now finally came out. I pre-ordered it as soon as it was announced and amazon had some sort of deal where it was only $70 shipped. I couldn't pass it up. Then a couple weeks ago I noticed they're selling used for $250 I figured ah fuck amazon is gonna cancel my pre-order but nope here it is. I thought about selling it but fuck it. I wanna play my carts yo.

I know I've read and seen some reviews that were lackluster but I'm happy with it so far. It runs on android and has an SD slot I can't wait til mods and apps come out.

I've only tested Super mario RPG, Romance of three kingdoms III and advance wars 2. Romance was detected as an unknown cartridge but it plays fine.

The main reason I'm posting this thread is to answer any specific questions you guys might have about it, if you want pictures and most importantly is there any specific games you'd like me to test?

Now I'm not a reviewer eyeballing for things to complain about the sound and picture is great for my SNES and GBA games. The gamepad as reviewers have mentioned is blegh. It's 8-way circular D-pad and super sensitive. It feels solid enough but I don't like it I use my snes pad instead.

The picture below is with super eagle turned on.

10306381_10152501764106460_6501261815167839993_n.jpg

Few weeks ago I looked at they were on Amazon. Not sure where they all went. Must be popular.

will be the best thing once someone figures out how to make it play roms from the SD card or the flash carts.

I got a couple questions.

1.) Do you think it's worth the current price of $140?
2.) Is the top of the unit as flimsy as I've heard?
3.) Does it really hold the carts as tightly as I've heard?
4.) Can I have it? :D

Back