My HTPC setup!!!

Gloomy

n00b
n506864111_75686_4669.jpg

n506864111_75685_4454.jpg

n506864111_75691_5742.jpg

I agree, get the Sony Commander or something that you can program all those remotes into.

the only remote i really use is the TV and MCE

would Logitech Harmony be a good choice? most importantly, i can not find a programable remote that have the "Green Button"

yes a harmony would be great... and it has the MCE codes already in the database... you can used one of the LCD soft buttons as the "green" button

Sharp Aquos 46" forgot the excact model, but as long as it does 1080P i'm happy

Nice HTPC.

Even though its not mine, I'm pissed off at your furniture arrangement. Why is your entertainment center blocking your fireplace? Why the heck would you cover the focal point of a space like that?

Advice (yes I know you didn't ask for it) - Lose the entertainment center altogether. Wall mount your nice flat panel TV above the fireplace and run your A/V to a nice singular enclosed audio/video cabinet(racksandstands.com) in the right corner of the room where the vase and reeds are. There you can put your HTPC, xbox 360, PS3, and Wii and HD receiver in one neatly organized area.

Then buy some small but elegant 6-8" speaker stands for your front speakers to get them off the floor. If you have a sub, run it the corner where the sofa and loveseat meet (montones like deep bass are not directional, so it doesn't matter where you put it for sound). Remove all knick-knacks and do-nothings from your mantle to eliminate clutter and keep it sparse by having on a couple of pieces as to not detract from the tv above it.

To go even further (not mandatory), media rooms need a warm color, find a nice dark cream or light burgundy to add atmosphere.

And voila... :D

my fireplace doesnt even work actually, its not one of those gas ones that can be turned on with a switch. so it was more of an eyesore.

i think mounting the LCD on top of the fireplace is a bit too high to watch, i've seen it on some smaller condos and i think it stress the neck too much when watching

mounting on top would be to high. However, if you could squeeze maybe 6 - 12" more height then that might be perfect :)

looks nice

i agree with a harmony if you are looking into a system control solution. i have in 880 controlling my receiver, 360, dvd, tv, dvr and my htpc. i also have an older pronto remote and i dont even use it anymore. the pronto has crap batery life, is a pain to set up, contrast was not very good and it mad a high pitched whine when the back light turned on. for me its massive flexibility did not balance out the cons. that and it is massive and shaped funny.

nice choice on your case... whats in it? pics and such?

not too special, its barely enough to run Vista :(

Athlon 3000+ Venice
Asus A8N-VM CSM
1GB OCZ PC3200 Ram
IBM Deathstar 60GB IDE HDD
some DVD Rom
Hauppauge PVR150 tv tuner card

right now it is connected via the on board GeForce 6150 using DVI to HDMI cable

most of the video i watch are stream off my desktop over network, and the closest HD content i watch is 720P XVID. majority of the videos i watch are only released in DVD or RMVB :(

Is that a Comcast Digital Cable remote I see? How did you get the HTPC to work with it?

Back