My future network

ksanders2006

Limp Gawd
This is what I plan on having...tell me what you think...Any comments or suggestions?
mynetwork.jpg

I don't mean this as a flame but why do you want to see pics? I don't imagine that becoming a rack or anything.

Originally posted by Copper0
I don't mean this as a flame but why do you want to see pics? I don't imagine that becoming a rack or anything.
People just like seeing how others implement networks. No real big deal.

I guess the point I was making was that there would be (corect me if I'm wrong) 1 or 2 computers in each room. Picture wouldn't show the network.

but to avoid a thread hijack, I dont see any issues with your network unless you want to consider putting the web server in DMZ. I don't know if that netgear supports it or not. BTW have you pick it up already?

Actually the only computer not in the same room is my mother's computer. The servers will be in my closet and the two workstations will be under my desk.

[EDIT]
no i havent bought it yet. Will order it before we make the order to RoadRunner

Since you haven't got it yet, have you considered a linux solutio? more configurable and since you have the switch the extra ports on the router don't matter.

Originally posted by ksanders2006
Actually the only computer not in the same room is my mother's computer. The servers will be in my closet and the two workstations will be under my desk.

[EDIT]
no i havent bought it yet. Will order it before we make the order to RoadRunner

A word of warning: Make sure you have decent ventalation if you're going to run a box in a closet. You'll wonder why your server is constantly crashing and why your closet feels like a sauna without the humidty ;)..

The entry to the closet is a sliding door -- it will stay most of the time...I'll also have a fan near it too

Back