My First Phone Mod - Dust be gone!

Jakalwarrior

2[H]4U
My iPhone knockoff gets a lot of dust under the touch screen so I got bored at work and decided to mod it.

Sticky note sticky part strips cut then folded to have sticky on both sides and placed over the mating surface between the touch screen and the actual LCD to stop dust from getting in (tired of pulling it apart to clean). Thick double sided tape would have worked better... but I have limited supplies at work on my desk. I'll let you guys know how it works since I know a lot of phones somehow let dust find their way in (mine had a foam pad in there as a mating surface but apparently it doesnt work too well). The only danger I can see is that the phone had a little more trouble going together and would come apart from tension if not for the screws. I will just have to hope the threads are in a solid part of the phone since a lot of the phone seems to be sort of brittle. No pics ;) I am sure you can picture the ghettoness yourself. I also have tape over all of the orifices on the phone to further prevent dust. Clear scotch tape with little holes poked in it with a needle to allow sound through but no dust in. Tape over the rear camera too except when I am using it (keeps the lense clean too). Might look a lil ghetto but you barely notice when it has a skin on it.

The hardest part? getting both screens (LCD, and back of touch screen) as dust free as possible before putting it back together. Geez I must have spent 20 minutes trying to perfect the dustlessness with a cotton cloth.

Back