My First Mod!

ec_hern

Weaksauce
Ok guys this is my first mod and i wanted to see what you guys thought. Now I know i didnt build my power supply and hard drives from toothpicks, gum, and a sprite can:) like some of you [H] modders do but I've already ordered a new case that I'm going to go way overboard on. This was a little test to see if i could do something cool.

http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ec_hern
(I hope that link works)

The window was already in so nothing special there. The 2 fans had an ugly cover over them so i dremmeled them out. I dremmeled the top 120mm fan hole so i could shove my radiator up there. I didn't feel like taking off all my molex connectors to sleeve them so i used some black ducktape that i think worked pretty well. I will probably use a black marker to color the molex connectors so you cant see them later.

The case was only like 30 bucks so i wouldn't feel bad if i messed something up. Have a Lian Li on the way and we will see how that turns out.

Tell me what you think and if you have any suggestions on something I should try on this or my new case because the new one will have similar mods, but I will do them all myself (windows).

I thought I had a good digital camera till i took the pictures of the lights, it looks a lot better in person. Most of my friends think im a total nerd for doing this but they even tell me it looks cool.

Dremeling the holes were freaking great, sparks all over the place, cool!

looks great!

one suggestion: throw a blue led in for your power led. that green one doesnt go with the cool blue theme

Great idea, just ordered one!

Question, while i was cutting the holes with the dremmel i noticed it was getting extremely hot, I would stop every 5 min or so and let it cool down but this made the cutting go way slower. Should i keep doing that or is the heat normal?

no but its gotten so hott where the bits wont come out intill it cools down

Beautiful case man

Still having figured out what the 2 side fans doo, on my case it will be right next to my gpu and 1 next to my cpu... that seems like a waste to me

hey wats the name of that case, cause i have that case and i dont know the name

you can break a dremel from overheating, but you have to try hard at it, I used one for 3 hours straight.

Tried to turn it on again the next day, poor thing had thrown in the towel...

Mine heats up, but not too much. Next time dont put so much pressure on the bit as your cutting, just hold it steady and let it cut by itself.

i generally use my dremel until it getts painfl (slightly) o hold, then go do something else until it cools off.

very nice case.

Back