My first attempt at a briefcasemod

Klingon

n00b
Here is my first attempt at a briefcasemod.

HW specs:
- Abit KT7A
- Tbird 1.44GHz
- 512mb PC133
- 20gb HDD
- Pioneer slot-in dvdrom
- 300w Aopen PSU

Mods:
- Green fluffy iKEA pillow case
- Blue tinted acrylic plate
- 2x30cm UV lights
- 2x80mm green UV reactive sunbeam fans
- 2xlasercut fan grills
- Misc knobs & leds

Most people I show it to either love it or hate it, I would like to know what you guys think =)

bcm1.jpg

bcm2.jpg

bcm3.jpg

bcm4.jpg

the green stuff and the exterior CD ROM are the only things I don't like.

I can see that thing turning into a big ball of static electricity and destroying something.

I think it would have looked better if everything was kept inside the case, and that fuzz is looking like some kind of moss growing on it. :p
Other than that, nice work. :D

you should have put tiger stripe fur instead of the fluffy thing... then u're pimped out...

I think we may have used the same case (at least the same manufacturer). What I did with mine is low on this page:

http://www.fuckedforums.com/forumwhore/computers/

Some constructive criticism on your case: everything could have fit inside if you decided to ditch the window or at least make it half as wide as it was. The slot loader could have been fitted to the lid. Other than that, breifcase mods are pimp, keep on pimpin :-P

I didn't know what to expect coming in here. Was it a brief (short) case mod? A briefcase pc case (this)? Or a briefcase mod .. inwhich you stuck a window in your briefcase and some coldcathode lights for good measure. No cpu stuff :)

But nonetheless, it looks really nice. But the fuzzy's destroyed it IMHO. Sorry, I don't like the fuzz. It had a "briefcase bomb" look to it, and I'm sure you would have been tackled at the airport walking around with it (especially considering the big red button).

:eek: I just used tha exact same breefcase to stuff my watercooled pc into over x-mas break. well... minus the fluffy stuff and a few more fans ;).

Thanks for the feedback =) You oughta know this were made in only 2 days, with spare parts floating around my room. If I were to make something with a bigger budget I'd get the micro atx+slim cd-rom and fit it all inside and loose the fur. But its just something I fire up for watchin divx in the tv room and at parties for playing mp3, so Im satisfied. I do however have another, with fur, I saw someone mentioning they wanting tiger style :D And a couple of other ones

This is my main rig,
Athlon XP 2500+ Barton @ 2443MHz / 202x12 FSB / 1.85 Vcore / 1.8 Vddr / 35C+ idle temp.

Cooling: Thermalright SLK947U / 80mm Delta fan, / 2x120mm blowhole

gamingrig.jpg

My linux

viper5.jpg

And my industrial insulated dhcp/web/mysql linux server (250+ days uptime!)

box1.jpg

Oh and the briefcase itselfe is just some cheap knockoff my mother had floating around, its not real metal, but alu. coated onto some very thin alabaster wood, made it easy to cut in, but I dont think its gonna survive a fall to the floor :p

klingon = true pimp... hehe i didnt think you have one with fur but i guess i was wrong...

OH MY EYES! MY EYES!!! MY EYES!!!!!! what did you do?! why OH WHY!!! WHY DID YOU KILL THAT PERFECTLY GOOD BRIEFCASE?!

what's up with the yellow fuzz?!

Originally posted by Klingon
Oh and the briefcase itselfe is just some cheap knockoff my mother had floating around, its not real metal, but alu. coated onto some very thin alabaster wood, made it easy to cut in, but I dont think its gonna survive a fall to the floor :p

w3rd. mine was a tad over $20, just some aluminum venier. I re-enforced it with a perforated metal plate and used some long threaded standoffs and put a nut on the other side. so basically it's a skin on this metal frame i built. bought it at menards (large chain hardware store here in MN dunno if they're anywhere else) while picking up some other stuff, just happened to notice it.

Good attempt at a mod, it does look a slight bit sloppy I guess with all the green fur, but over all its pretty cool. I think what would be neat is if you could somehow attach an lcd screen to the case, so the computer would become self-sufficient and portable. So you could just bring your brief case anywhere and just start gaming :)

Originally posted by Ben-mod
Good attempt at a mod, it does look a slight bit sloppy I guess with all the green fur, but over all its pretty cool. I think what would be neat is if you could somehow attach an lcd screen to the case, so the computer would become self-sufficient and portable. So you could just bring your brief case anywhere and just start gaming :)

Yeah Ive thought about that, but those monitors are a bit too pricy for my wallet :( Maybe I could mod a cheap ass 15" LCD monitor, Ill see =)

Back