my danger den experience (RANT!!!)

.xXLucidXx.

Limp Gawd
well last monday i orderd a water cooling kit from danger den built by me on there site
well today 10 min before i go to work fedex comes so im all excited untill i get inside and open the box.....
well i got all the parts except the resviour (sp) and my thermal paste and its the weekend which they wont be in until monday for me to contact them about my missing parts in the order, which also pisses me off because im supposed to enter this new system ive built this past week in a modding contest at a lan party but since danger den put me behind i wont be able to enter my system ..sucks
hopefully they will at least make it right and send me my res. and thermal grease
[/rant]

ya, i'm kinda pissed as well at them currently, still waiting for my parts, but i hope they're quality.....

This last monday i orderd my res, rad, tubing, gpu block, and my free bottle of mct-40. Paid via paypal cuz i had no money in my checking account.... It may of been paypals fault, but the money was withdrawn from my other bank account within the day of purchase. But the transfer from paypal to DD didn't go through until Thursday, but once payment went through, it was shipped immediatly....(currently on a truck somewhere in the US)...

I originally wanted to wait for the D5 pump to restock so that I could get the special combo deal with the TDX cpu block. I emailed them Wednesday asking when they should be restocking the D5 combo, cuz for some reasont he site said that individual D5 pumps were avalable but the combo said said they were out of stock... Kathi claimed that the pumps should be arriving sometime that day, and that she was unsure how the listing was updated on the site before they even arrived.... Friday roles around and there still is no D5 to be had... So at this point I just want my fuckin pump, and I ended up ordering the DDC, which I hear is a bit better performance wise with 3/8" tubing, but the reason that originally held be back was the complaints of it not working without kicking it.... I made my second order early on Friday morning, paid with my debit card this time. This order, i bought the DDC pump, TDX block, and another free bottle of mct40(lol, i'd guess i'd rather pay an extra 4 bucks in shipping for 2 dif orders then 35 bucks for a second bottle). But anyway, I'm still waiting for DD to take my charge from the bank account.... Hopefully it will be proccessed on monday, cuz as I've read, DD closes on weekends?

But anyway, Kathi was great, she responded to 2 differnent emails of mine within the hour that I sent them....

Seems to be a shortage of the D5 pump here in the US. My order is waiting on the D5 pump also.............. :eek: But it's not a big deal to me really, sa this is only going in my 3rd system............... :D So I have plenty of time to wait.

yea hopefully everything is gonna work out for us all and we get our stuff
ive heard there parts are great quality and some of the best on the market but i guess we will see how high there customer service ranks too
imean its not a big deal but for me, being in college i cant afford to throw away 35-40 bucks on something i didnt get.
ive already left voicemail and email so we will see what happens as of monday, hopefully they will compensate for their mistake and overnight me my res. and grease and hopefully get everything up an running in time

I have had nothing but good experiences from them. I have ordered twice from them and cant believe how fast their shipping is and how great their products are. Hopefully you will have better luck next time...

If you really need/want to get your loop and computer set up, go to your local hardware store and buy a barbed T, and look at an electronics store or hopefully a computer shop and get <some> thermal paste. I'm really sorry about your order with DD, they aren't known for Newegg's shipping exactly, but I really hope you get your loop completed on time and show us pics once it's done :D

The Laing DDC pumps are made in Hungary and assembled in Germany so I asume the D5 is as well. Most of Europe is off on vacation right about now so it will probably be a while before you see any more D5's. If your in a hurry you might be able to get some from the dealer's in Europe.

LOL! dude you arent the only one... when I ordered my watercooling parts from them, they forgot to put in the mounting hardware for my MAZE4. :rolleyes:

yeah i just got my order from them and I ordered the 7800 mounting for my maze 4, and they sent the 6600, now I'm stuck and can't play around tomorrow, probably will have to wait till late next week to complete the system, not bad, just my first experience with them and so far...eehhh.

Silent Assasin said:
This last monday i orderd my res, rad, tubing, gpu block, and my free bottle of mct-40. Paid via paypal cuz i had no money in my checking account.... It may of been paypals fault, but the money was withdrawn from my other bank account within the day of purchase. But the transfer from paypal to DD didn't go through until Thursday, but once payment went through, it was shipped immediatly....(currently on a truck somewhere in the US)...
Sounds like it got sent as an E-check and they had to wait for it to clear.

For support, DD has always been there for me. I've spoken to Kathy both on the phone and via e-mail and she always is eager to make things right with my order if there are problems. One time, I ordered AS Epoxy, got a tube of AS5, and the sent out the Epoxy next day and let me keep the AS5. It's also nice to live so close to the DD guys; I'll be seeing CPU Killer along with pretty much the whole team at PDXLAN in a couple of weeks.

When I placed my order with them, I ordered 3 waterblocks, and only got enough stuff to mount one of them. :rolleyes:

i ordered from them ... wanted to append the order with upgrades and new items. they never replyd to my e-mail and the radiator leaked when i tested it.

rather than have to deal with there bad customer service again i fixed there junk and went on my way + posted a no so hot review about them on resellerratings.com

any one that is unhappy with them i would ask to do the same

horrible.store... braindead customer service... you know it's bad when they have to bribe people to give positive feedback on their reseller ratings page... love their parts.. hate their store... last DD parts i bought was from newegg.. and i got it lickty split :)

sidewindercomputer hooked me up with a D5 in... 2 days. Don't know where ya'll are shopping ;).

flip

that blows hopefully all my stuff will be fine with no leaks and they wont try to short change me out of my parts that i didnt get...if they do i might fly out there an beat some arse...seriously..

good luck.. i'll never buy from their store again.. they tottally screwed me over..

fLiPaChu said:
sidewindercomputer hooked me up with a D5 in... 2 days. Don't know where ya'll are shopping ;).

flip
The thread is about the Danger Den store, not Sidewinder Computers and the parts that are part of a kit. You can get the D5 separate just about anywhere, it's the kit parts, normally package differently than retail, that seems to be the problem right now. Most, if not all, E-Tailers won't take a retail part and put it in with a kit as they lose money. But every E-Tailer is a little different, so you never know. And they all have their good and bad days, just like you and me.

I ordered from them and it was great. Shipped my stuff same day. The only complaint I have is no instructions.

I know that noobs shouldn't really be messing with water, but c'mon...some instructions (besides water block) would be nice. Maybe not intstructions, but a couple of diagrams suggesting a way to set up your system..

Oh, and you can get thermal paste at compusa. Just saw some there yesterday.

clownvomit said:
IOh, and you can get thermal paste at compusa. Just saw some there yesterday.

For twice as much as DD, I also saw it there the other day.... I went over to check out prices of 120mm fans and saw that they were selling a tube of AS5 for 16 bucks... I almost brought it up to the service desk and start bitchin about what they were trying to pull....

Silent Assasin said:
For twice as much as DD, I also saw it there the other day.... I went over to check out prices of 120mm fans and saw that they were selling a tube of AS5 for 16 bucks... I almost brought it up to the service desk and start bitchin about what they were trying to pull....

Really? I saw it for $11.

Their customer service does suck, as well as their webstore. However, their parts are good quality and I've never had a problem getting an order fulfilled. Hope you all get this sorted ASAP.

so as of yesterday, the money from my checking account was withdrawn and claimed to of been paid to DD, yet my order on DD is still "proccessing"...

All I can say though is they are at least better then tiger direct... On wednesday I ordered a new power supply to help support all my new shit.... It had a 40 dollar MIR that expired yesterday. Today, my order seems to of "Disapeered". Email was just sent and ass soon as this rant is done i'm calling them up...

update:

well i got thru to kathy today and they shipped my parts our but wont be here till friday evening which means im gonna have to beat my ass to get my loop together and leak test in time to get this system built which is gonna piss me off if i cant, first prize in the contest is 2 grand large and my system is the only water cooled system in it, all the others are just cases with cathodes and lighted fans so im counting on winning to pay for the 1500 system i have in parts in my floor right now i just orderd

Well good luck to you dude, you should have more than enough time to get it together, just take it slow and be careful so you don't get any leaks.............. :cool: Oh by the way, my stuff shipped today also............... :D

Back