My Dad wants to switch to a no contract plan. Need help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

xBanzai89

Supreme [H]ardness
My Dad is getting rid of his AT&T plan and wants to switch to a no contract plan. He has been on a dumb phone for ages now and wants to get into knowing how to use a smart phone. I'm looking for non contract plans that probably has unlimited talk, text, and data. Mostly for the talk as hes always on the phone for business reasons. What are the recommendations out there for the best plans right now?

He is telling me hes thinking about using the single line walmart family mobil plan. The sales rep told him its through verizon and makes use of their network, so its basically the same as using verizon but not paying the premium. That is what he told me, I wasn't there when he was talking to the guy. Last I knew that was through tmobile, so I have no idea how that could be the case...

Last edited:
If he has been with AT&T and is satisfied with their coverage then he should get a Straight Talk plan from Walmart which will use AT&T's network and everything will stay pretty much the same for him outside of being on a no contract plan with unlimited talk, text, data.

Look at Straight Talk and T-mobile. And if he doesn't need that much data, check out GoSmart (T-mobile subsidiary).

Look at Straight Talk and T-mobile. And if he doesn't need that much data, check out GoSmart (T-mobile subsidiary).

This post doesn't make 100% sense. Gosmart mobile is owned by tmobile and offers 5gb of data at full speed on its $45 plan. That is plenty data and is more than straight talk offers with AT&T sim.

This post doesn't make 100% sense. Gosmart mobile is owned by tmobile and offers 5gb of data at full speed on its $45 plan. That is plenty data and is more than straight talk offers with AT&T sim.

Plus they won't get rid of you for streaming or going over 2~2.5GB...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back