my comp= room heater

ssmith500

Limp Gawd
cpu running @ a nice 30.0C with a system temp of 21.0 C... 2 120mm fans blow this nice warm air around room heating it, therefore conserving my heat bill.

if only i could OC a little more to get some higher temps going i wouldnt need to turn my heat on at all... :)

My monitor+Computer+Desklamp= Natural heaters.. Never have to turn on the heat ;)

you do realize that electric heat is more expensive than gas right. :D (but nowhere near as fun!)

Originally posted by defcom_1
you do realize that electric heat is more expensive than gas right. :D (but nowhere near as fun!)

MMM.....Gas powered PC......MMM

why is it in the winter my comp doesnt really heat my room up, and during the summer it heats it up, but in the winter it really doesnt heat it up at all. I even see the temp on my thermoeter go down. As it starts getting later and later, also my room is in front of the house so its got windows in front.

Same here. I have 3 comps folding all day long and haven't used the heat once this winter.

We are expecting some really cold weather over the next few days, and I still have one more comp to fire up if I need to.

when i moved back home in the summer...i told my parents that i would do anything they asked...but i wouldnt turn off my computer. All summer...he kept my door closed complaining about how hot it gets, so i told him to wait for winter. Now that winter has rolled around....he wont let me close my door because i help heat the upstairs....:p

Monitors can product a lot of heat too. Something like 150w, that's a couple light bulbs right there. I find that this machine heats up the office it's in quite a bit with doors closed. People are always suprised when they walk in.

my computer in the winter doesnt heat the room up for shit, heh. My monitor which is a NEC FE791SB uses only 75W max.

you do realize that electric heat is more expensive than gas right. (but nowhere near as fun!)

well my comp stays on either way so it would actually be more expensive if i used both forms of heat. This way, i only use one, that is, the heat blowing out of my computer.

I have 3 computers in 1 room here. It's like 15-20* warmer in the computer room than anywhere else in the house. I had to put in a window AC unit to keep the room from getting too hot. The window AC gives me the added bonus of making a perfect water chiller for my watercooled system.

yeah my computer keeps my room pretty cozy on those cold nights as well... I kind of like it.. all though in the summer, it kind of sucks

3 crts and 2 computers heat a room nicely so nicely my window is cracked about 3 inches its 30 deg outside :)

yea, my computer heats up my room all the time in the winter...even in the summer too :eek:

mine doesnt do for shit in the winter and summer it heats up a few degrees wonder why that is

Back