MX 610 Left Handed $29.00

Wow... never knew they even made LH mice anymore. Every LH person I know has gotten used to RH mice.

If you have two mice connected, windows should be ok with it, but how will games react?

Wow... never knew they even made LH mice anymore. Every LH person I know has gotten used to RH mice.

If you have two mice connected, windows should be ok with it, but how will games react?

I have 2 mice connected at ALL times. Actually, I have 3 right now..

1 is my mx518 that I use for gaming and the other is my mx revolution for general browsing. The revolution sits on its dock while I'm playing games. Nothing out of the ordinary happens. The only thing that could screw you up is by bumping the 2nd mouse and causing the cursor to move.

I had one of these before. The wireless jumped around constantly and it stopped working after a few months. Even at $29, I wouldn't buy one. If you're looking for a good left-handed mouse, I just bought a left-handed Minicute mouse from eBay which I like:

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Ergonomic-C...75QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMice?hash=item5881400e4b

It's a vertical-style mouse, kind like the Evoluent Vertical Mouse, but it's shaped a bit differently - it seems to be just a little less vertical. It has two main buttons with finger indents which "curve" downward so it's very easy to hold. There's even a little "rim" at the bottom that you can grip with your other fingers so they don't drag.

It has 1600 DPI, so it works pretty well for games. I've used it in BF2 with some decent success. It isn't as hard to adjust as you might think.

It's not perfect - I'd like to see a few more buttons, personally - but it's darn comfortable to use and I would highly recommend it.

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I'm right handed, however, why not just get a ambidextrous mouse? Before I got my Deathadder (current) I was using a Razer Copperhead before that, and I absolutely loved it. In fact, it's hard for me to figure out which one I like more of the two.

It's symmetrically shaped (at least from what I could tell) and is great for those who tend to like a "slightly" lighter mouse than common Logitech crowd (not bashing Logitech, they make great products, just prefer Razer mice!).

To me, the biggest benefit of this is, it's not an utter shock to the system getting used to a "newer" ambidextrous mouse. IIRC it has 2 buttons on either side of the mouse, close to the bottom (where thumb would rest), some complained it was too easy to hit them by accident, but I thought they were perfect, and I used them A LOT more than I use the ones on my Deathadder which are higher up.

EDIT: To be clear, I meant two "thumb" buttons on the left, as well as two more on the right.

Well, the problem with ambi mice (and most mice) for me really is having somewhere for my pinky/ringfinger to comfortably grip the mouse. It's hard to tell what sort of inbred hands some of these things were designed for.

I have a RH MX510 now, but in all my violent fantasies I'm shooting people with my left hand. Perhaps if I were able to gun down people with my left hand it would be a more effective stress outlet, something the way the brain might be wired...

Yes, those auxilliary buttons are a real problem too.... that's a good thing to consider. I ilked the copperhead too, it was nicely designed but very simple.

I'm right handed, however, why not just get a ambidextrous mouse? Before I got my Deathadder (current) I was using a Razer Copperhead before that, and I absolutely loved it. In fact, it's hard for me to figure out which one I like more of the two.

It's symmetrically shaped (at least from what I could tell) and is great for those who tend to like a "slightly" lighter mouse than common Logitech crowd (not bashing Logitech, they make great products, just prefer Razer mice!).

To me, the biggest benefit of this is, it's not an utter shock to the system getting used to a "newer" ambidextrous mouse. IIRC it has 2 buttons on either side of the mouse, close to the bottom (where thumb would rest), some complained it was too easy to hit them by accident, but I thought they were perfect, and I used them A LOT more than I use the ones on my Deathadder which are higher up.

EDIT: To be clear, I meant two "thumb" buttons on the left, as well as two more on the right.
ergo mice cause less RSI than symmetric ones. If you're fortunate enough not to have that problem I'd advise against buying one of these; I get wrist pain if I use a symmetric mouse for more than a few days, so unfortunately I have two of these. (Home and work). I was totally pysched when MS annouced they were making a lefty mice (I'd been burned by two LT mice in the past); but a few months after LTs came out MS canceled theirs. :(

I'm a lefty. But in a world of righties, you must adapt.

Wish I could adapt as easily as you can. I should start a store selling products for us left handed nuts. don't know how you can use a right handed mouse. I can no more use one than write with my right hand.

I need a foot mouse... that way I can always keep my hands on they keyboard while moving my feet to point and double click my big toe.

Guys its dead. They emailed me out of stock. I canceled my order and went to frys and got the $50 one. It was amazing. Sure its not a billion dpi like my lachesis.
As far as why not go ambo on the mice. I have used those for over 10 years and they always seem to be lacking something. I played cod 4 with the LH mouse last night and didnt utter "GOD DAMN MOUSE" one time. It was glorious.
As far as stuttering. It stuttered like a bitch until I plugged it into the front of my case. I suspect wifi interferance.

I've seen occasional (as in every few days) stutter with the dongle on the back of the case, the front of the case, and in a hub within a foot of the mouse. I saw the same level with an MX310 (LED, corded) mouse as well. I'm pretty sure it's inherent to LT technology.

Back