MX 5500 or Wave Pro?

The Jackyl

Limp Gawd
Setting up for an HTPC gaming system where I'll be seated at least a good 10 feet away from the computer.

I'm currently in the process of returning a refurb Wave Pro as I've had more missed strokes than... I think there's a Tiger Woods joke somewhere in there.

Primarily looking at a MX 5500 or Wave Pro combo and looking for suggestions and experience. Would consider other combos but kind of sticking with Logitech because of the current 20% off MIR deal going on right now.

Couple side notes. I'm planning on getting a mini DiNovo for casual web browsing and media prep. This combo would be strictly for gaming. Also I have a bluetooth Microsoft 8000 mouse that I can steal from my usual laptop usage if I'm present with just a solo keyboard option.

Setting up for an HTPC gaming system where I'll be seated at least a good 10 feet away from the computer.

I'm currently in the process of returning a refurb Wave Pro as I've had more missed strokes than... I think there's a Tiger Woods joke somewhere in there.

Primarily looking at a MX 5500 or Wave Pro combo and looking for suggestions and experience. Would consider other combos but kind of sticking with Logitech because of the current 20% off MIR deal going on right now.

Couple side notes. I'm planning on getting a mini DiNovo for casual web browsing and media prep. This combo would be strictly for gaming. Also I have a bluetooth Microsoft 8000 mouse that I can steal from my usual laptop usage if I'm present with just a solo keyboard option.

mx 5500 is going to be a better setup. it comes with the mx revolution mouse as well which is far better than the one the wave comes with.

In what way besides MX1100 (that comes with the Wave) has 2.4GHz receiver and MX Revolution has bluetooth?

From my research the MX 1100 even has a better dpi rating. MX Revolution has 800dpi while the MX 1100 can switch from 400 to 1600 dpi. Not sure how big of a difference that makes. My current mouse has a dpi of 1000.

Also plan on purchasing an XFPS 4.0 Force to be able to use the keyboard and mouse to play on my PS3.

Back