MX 510 RED $23 Blue $25 AR

:eek: Awesome price. $32 with $10 MIR. Might just order one as a present ;)

Damn nice price on them, too bad I already have the red. I really wanted the blue :(

Awesome just picked up a blue. Also had $8.50 left on a giftcard so it will come down to $17! Thanks for the link.

Even without the rebate that's a great price. I paid $44 for my blue MX510 not that long ago.

Yikes! To qualify for the rebate you have to purchase it by the 30th. Only one more day left! I put my order in.

Office Max has the MX1000 for $69.99, then I get these $10 off cards in the mail all the time. I used one of those... so $59.99 + taxes... for a much better mouse! :)

chrisf6969 said:
Office Max has the MX1000 for $69.99, then I get these $10 off cards in the mail all the time. I used one of those... so $59.99 + taxes... for a much better mouse! :)

There are still pros and cons even with the best wireless mouses. I would not assume it is a "much better mouse", as it is all preference. Personally, I would get annoyed quickly if I had to charge my mouse during a game even if it charged in 2 minutes.

AdamMT1618 said:
There are still pros and cons even with the best wireless mouses. I would not assume it is a "much better mouse", as it is all preference. Personally, I would get annoyed quickly if I had to charge my mouse during a game even if it charged in 2 minutes.

Mice can be a very subjective thing. I almost stopped using the MX1000 b/c it was such a big change from my wireless ball mouse, that I'd been using forever. Though now after a week or 2 of use, I'm adjusting to it.

The great thing about the MX1000 is its got a battery meter. (beside all of the other cool technologies in it) So you know if its getting low and can charge it before it runs all the way down. Though it lasts very long on a charge.

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/details/US/EN,CRID=3,CONTENTID=9043

thanx OP, picked up the blue one.

I was at CompUSA with my gf and she saw the blue one and really liked it.

Xmas present ;)

The stock batteries in the mx700 lasted me about 3-4 days between charges. I just put it in the charger before I went to sleep & had no problems for about 18 months. after that, the batteries didn't hold a charge for one day. So I bought a bunch of 2200mAh Powerizer rechargeables with a 4 battery charger and keep it right next to the desk. the stock 1800mAh batteries don't last as long as these nice 2200's. Problem solved. Best mouse I've ever used.
Also, a tip for all you guys who have tried teflon tape & have a ratpadz: the teflon tape wears down after a while, and so will the mice feet.
I did some research & discovered that stainless steel washers about 1/4" or 3/8" superglued to the bottom of the mouse with the shiny side against the mousepad makes the absolute BEST frictionless mouse experience.

I've tried the teflon tape & pledge, which works alright. Using silicon spray over the mousepad is a little better because once it dries it doesn't have the grime like the pledge.
But the stainless steel washers are the absolute best combo with the ratpadz. I've been using it for a while now, and it hasn't even shown much wear on the ratpadz. Works equally well with the newer ratpadz that wear down more quickly than the older model.

Nice deal, going to wait until mx1000 is bundled with a keyboard....

J Macker said:
Also, a tip for all you guys who have tried teflon tape & have a ratpadz: the teflon tape wears down after a while, and so will the mice feet.
I did some research & discovered that stainless steel washers about 1/4" or 3/8" superglued to the bottom of the mouse with the shiny side against the mousepad makes the absolute BEST frictionless mouse experience.

I've tried the teflon tape & pledge, which works alright. Using silicon spray over the mousepad is a little better because once it dries it doesn't have the grime like the pledge.
But the stainless steel washers are the absolute best combo with the ratpadz. I've been using it for a while now, and it hasn't even shown much wear on the ratpadz. Works equally well with the newer ratpadz that wear down more quickly than the older model.

How about just getting a mousepad that will always work flawlessly and not wear out?

CS Hyde baby... it pones the ratpadz. My ratpadz wore away after only months of use... CS Hyde now covers my RP

Hmmm, I kindof wanted a 700 or 1000, but this really is a good deal. Even though it isn't wireless.

chrisf6969 said:
Mice can be a very subjective thing. I almost stopped using the MX1000 b/c it was such a big change from my wireless ball mouse, that I'd been using forever. Though now after a week or 2 of use, I'm adjusting to it.

The great thing about the MX1000 is its got a battery meter. (beside all of the other cool technologies in it) So you know if its getting low and can charge it before it runs all the way down. Though it lasts very long on a charge.

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/details/US/EN,CRID=3,CONTENTID=9043

I think it would be kind of cool if there was an option to have an AC adapter in where the wire usually would be. An example would be if the battery was low and you were working on the computer and had no time to charge it up, you could plug the AC adapter into the tip of the mouse (where the wire would normally go on wired mouses) and charge that way while continuing to work (I should paten that!).

AdamMT1618 said:
I think it would be kind of cool if there was an option to have an AC adapter in where the wire usually would be. An example would be if the battery was low and you were working on the computer and had no time to charge it up, you could plug the AC adapter into the tip of the mouse (where the wire would normally go on wired mouses) and charge that way while continuing to work (I should paten that!).

Good idea... they need to bundle an ergonomic wireless keyboard with it.... NOW THAT WOULD BE THE SHIZNIT.

RancidWAnnaRIot said:
Is that mouse really worth buying???

It takes some time too get used to (not too long) but what I think that really shines is the
extra button functions and their placements.

is anyone having problem in printing out the rebate?? I can't find one for the blue one, so I went to the red one. I tried to print it out, but it cuts off 30% of it..... I tried fit to page printing and scale to size printer... and maximum out put.. doesn't work still... it only prints out one page... I don't know what to do anymore.. I tried it 12 times already.. :(

umcpgrad said:
is anyone having problem in printing out the rebate?? I can't find one for the blue one, so I went to the red one. I tried to print it out, but it cuts off 30% of it..... I tried fit to page printing and scale to size printer... and maximum out put.. doesn't work still... it only prints out one page... I don't know what to do anymore.. I tried it 12 times already.. :(

The red mouse rebate is the same for the blue mouse.

Just copy the image into Microsoft Paint and edit it to fit onto one page.

Hooligan said:
How about just getting a mousepad that will always work flawlessly and not wear out?
CS Hyde baby... it pones the ratpadz. My ratpadz wore away after only months of use... CS Hyde now covers my RP

oh, I'm not opposed to buying a better mouse surface. Thing is, I've got 3 ratpadz, two of which were the older version with larger texture and one REALLY old one with fine texture. Also, I have an mx700 that the wheel died and Logitech sent me a replacement. So, I've got this old mouse, everything works except the wheel, and an old ratpadz (fine texture) that doesn't work so well. 3 washers at Diamond hardware = $0.15. plus gas ($0.50) and a dab of superglue.
New CS hyde cover = $8.45 plus shipping.

Trust me, I've used the RatpadzGS and yes, they do wear down quickly. I however, got my pad right before the GS and it hasn't worn down at ALL.

since the 10.00 rebate is from logitech does that mean I can qulaify for it even if I just bought it from newegg?

uffdabock said:
since the 10.00 rebate is from logitech does that mean I can qulaify for it even if I just bought it from newegg?

oftentimes looking at the available information will answer your question without depending on us to do it.

For example in this situation, I went and looked at the rebate (which is available to everyone, i.e. you could have done it yourself)

and very clearly at the top of the form you fill out, the rebate says "Your purchase of the Logitech product listed above must be made between November 15, 2004 and November 30, 2004 at www.amazon.com"

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Woah, I didn't see the Nov30 deadline. I got it at 2315 central, I hope they don't say amazon.com's in a diffrent timezone and get me. It's still a good deal, but who wouldn't want $10?

Does anyone know where the rebate might be? I ordered it on time (by a day. . .meaning like a few hours) but couldn't print it out in time.

Thanks alot. It was probably in some very obvious place and I just looked past it didn't I?

kubalaTF said:
Thanks alot. It was probably in some very obvious place and I just looked past it didn't I?

No idea. I saved it to my HD when I ordered it. I'm frugal and didn't want to take any chances of not getting it. ;)

Bah... my local computer shop sells the MX500 for $20, every day. I did a double-take at the price because I saw it a few days after buying an MX510 for $50, but I'm sure it said $20 for the mouse. D'oh!

IMHO of course, The MX510 is a complete ripoff. The "gaming-tuned drivers" are little more than a frontend to change your PS2-port sampling speed, and they don't allow you to re-map the mouse's extra scroll buttons, contrary to what it says on the box.

Back