Music Program for Networks

FlowGaming

Limp Gawd
I have set up a nice little network around my house and have about 30g of music that I would
like to share between different computers and rooms. I would like to know what my choices
of programs are for shareing my music of a network.

So what are you choices?

Thanks

Off the bat, iTunes on every computer, and only one computer needs to have the actual files.

Put all of your music in a shared folder and allow file sharing on your network. Then you can listen to the music with whatever player the users prefer.

Put all of your music in a shared folder and allow file sharing on your network. Then you can listen to the music with whatever player the users prefer.

This is what I do, it's also a TiVo shared folder so that I can play music via my large system.

This is what I do, it's also a TiVo shared folder so that I can play music via my large system.

Third'ed...

Itunes will, most likely, require you to authorize each and every computer on the network to listen/play those files. Hell, it requires authorization for the same system, but just a different user.

Also, as I've said before. Songbird. If ya ain't supported yet, you will be.

At work we have a music server for the researchers so they can listen to music without utilizing our bandwidth from internet raido. It works really well, and opens the default media player when you've chosen what album/song you want to listen to.

It's called Andromeda - here's a link: http://www.turnstyle.com/andromeda/
This may not be what you're looking for, but, hope it helps. ;)

Back