(Multiple Retailers) Xbox Series X for $349

Wish Sony would price match the PS5. Already have a gaming PC and 99% of Xbox games I can already play on the PC.
I traded my old x for a ps5 at gamestop to get the ps5 and a controller for like $120 a few months ago but then became aware of the xsx's emulation chops for the power used vs my bitchin' desktop rigs. It sips power relative to those to play emulators on and has the best cooling system I've ever seen on a console so it never gets loud doing this either. That and it's more portable than 70lb steel watercooled full tower systems.

Behold! Twelve teraflops...

1000006055.gif

Not being able to sell the code almost kills it for me since I care nothing about Diablo 4. Even if I wanted that game I would get it on the pc as I only need the Xbox for games like the Gears franchise and the original Red Dead Redemption.

The only reason I want one of these right now is to play the Gears series in split screen co-op with my son. Very tempting..

View attachment 617304

View attachment 617305

Xbox Series X Video Game Console, Black https://www.walmart.com/ip/443574645

If it actually shows up, anyone wanna buy an older One S that I put a 1TB SATA SSD into?

Lol, same here now; just picked mine up at my local PX with price matching, so I got it tax free as well. And I also have an old BF1 Edition (1TB Army green) Xbone that I'll put on FB marketplace for $80 or something to subsidize this a tad. Since this is BC with 100% of Xbone games, I don't see any reason to keep that around.

I assume I can just put my old 360 Gears discs in this and it'll download the upgraded Xbone/Series versions to play, right?

Lol, same here now; just picked mine up at my local PX with price matching, so I got it tax free as well. And I also have an old BF1 Edition (1TB Army green) Xbone that I'll put on FB marketplace for $80 or something to subsidize this a tad. Since this is BC with 100% of Xbone games, I don't see any reason to keep that around.

I assume I can just put my old 360 Gears discs in this and it'll download the upgraded Xbone/Series versions to play, right?

Yup, one of the few cool things about this console is if a game appears on the backwards compatible list all you need is the disc. It'll install to the Xbox One Series X and then you're able to play. You'll obviously need the disc inserted to play so keep it handy. The backwards compatibility is the main reason I love this console. The entire Gears of War series is on the list so you're good.
https://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/backward-compatibility

I could use my Discount card on that and get 35.00 off on top of it I have no space the way it is. That is what I get when I apply it not really a substantial savings.
We get a 25% discount but only once a year after surviving Black Friday but instore only. I do like how the X-BOX looks compared to the PS5 but I have no reason to own one.
The thing is you can't customize the Color either....I have Red abs plastic plates on mine that shine really bright red. The only two games I really enjoyed on my PS5 are the Demon Souls remake and Ghost of Tsushima.

$349.00
new subtotal $349.00
Associate discount
-$34.90
Pickup
Free
Estimated taxes
$15.71
Estimated total
$329.81

Last edited:
Not being able to sell the code almost kills it for me since I care nothing about Diablo 4. Even if I wanted that game I would get it on the pc as I only need the Xbox for games like the Gears franchise and the original Red Dead Redemption.
I actually bought a second copy of D4 so I could play on both my PC and the Series X / TV in the living room (PC is in my office). Works surprisingly well and a controller is a great fit for a lot of the builds in D4.

Since cross play / progression is supported, it’s a nice option for me.

Amazingly still in stock tonight (Tuesday).

Edit: still on Thursday night

Last edited:
I had Installed several games from gamepass and played them for a few hours but tonight I turn on the xbox and every damn one of them are gone.

What happened?
I assume Game Pass removed them as part of their rotation of available games on the service. Yet another reason I don't care much for subscription services like that; I often like to revisit games after a while and who knows when games will get cut from the service.

Speaking of which, I was reviewing my library of games from the 360 days and noticed that one of my favs from then is missing; Bionic Commando Rearmed. Apparently it is one of the few games not available through BC, which is weird considering its sequel is available.

I assume Game Pass removed them as part of their rotation of available games on the service. Yet another reason I don't care much for subscription services like that; I often like to revisit games after a while and who knows when games will get cut from the service.

Speaking of which, I was reviewing my library of games from the 360 days and noticed that one of my favs from then is missing; Bionic Commando Rearmed. Apparently it is one of the few games not available through BC, which is weird considering its sequel is available.
Games on Game Pass stay there for at least 6 months. I think that is the minimum amount of time Microsoft requires. Regardless, Microsoft always gives a heads up on when games are leaving on both the website and the console app. There is a section called "Leaving Soon" in the Game Pass app on both console and PC.

When games leave Game Pass they don't just disappear from your library if you installed them, though. That is something else going on. If you have a game from Game Pass installed after it leaves it tells you that you need to purchase it to play.

Games on Game Pass stay there for at least 6 months. I think that is the minimum amount of time Microsoft requires. Regardless, Microsoft always gives a heads up on when games are leaving on both the website and the console app. There is a section called "Leaving Soon" in the Game Pass app on both console and PC.
Tracking all that; it's the same as any other media sub service really. My issue with it stands.

Tracking all that; it's the same as any other media sub service really. My issue with it stands.
If you want to revisit a game, then buy it. They offer a discount for Game Pass subscribers on purchases specifically for people who are interested in keeping the games.

If you want to revisit a game, then buy it. They offer a discount for Game Pass subscribers on purchases specifically for people who are interested in keeping the games.

Well yeah, that's the only other option and it's what I do, lol. I would hope they would offer a discount given you've already subsidized some of the game through your subscription payment. It's the same as on PS+ and other game sub services as well.

Last edited:
Download speeds are garbage on Xbox so I checked with the cloud version of the games that I had installed previously and my saves were there. I have no idea why the games were removed but I did spend several damn hours reinstalling Dead Space, but I assume it's probably going to be gone again. I sure as hell I'm not going to pay for game pass ultimate when even the free trial is aggravating.

Download speeds are garbage on Xbox so I checked with the cloud version of the games that I had installed previously and my saves were there. I have no idea why the games were removed but I did spend several damn hours reinstalling Dead Space, but I assume it's probably going to be gone again. I sure as hell I'm not going to pay for game pass ultimate when even the free trial is aggravating.
My xsx downloades crap at 610 Mbps generally and our PS5 struggles to do half of this.

My DL speeds are slower due to my wireless transmission rate, not the MS servers. I have gig internet as well.

My DL speeds are slower due to my wireless transmission rate, not the MS servers. I have gig internet as well.
My phone and laptop in the exact same spot can both consistently hold over 600 meg where as the Xbox averages around 150 in the console speed test but in actual downloads is nowhere near that consistency wise. Even plugging in an ethernet cord shows some completely inconsistent download speeds that slow down to almost a crawl at times despite the 900 meg result in the console speed test. I have an Xbox series S that also has the same behavior and I used another Xbox before that that did the same thing. PlayStation is certainly no better either and in fact I've never had any console have consistent download speeds that are anywhere near what they should be capable of.

Last edited:
My phone and laptop in the exact same spot can both consistently hold over 600 meg where as the Xbox averages around 150 in the console speed test but in actual downloads is nowhere near that consistency wise. Even plugging in an ethernet cord shows some completely inconsistent download speeds that slow down to almost a crawl at times despite the 900 meg result in the console speed test. I have an Xbox series S that also has the same behavior and I used another Xbox before that that did the same thing. PlayStation is certainly no better either and in fact I've never had any console have consistent download speeds that are anywhere near what they should be capable of.
Thats very odd, where do you live? maybe its a location thing, too far away from a datacenter? i'm getting like 189-200

Finally OOS here, but can be shipped for $440 now. Bye-bye $350!

It's time for a PS5 counterattack but I doubt they do it.

PS5 was already $350 before the Xbox was, as has been mentioned earlier in this thread.

IMO the problem with Xbox not selling as well as the PS5 is that they don't have any true exclusive titles. Every major release is available on PC day one. Sony first party games are only available on the PS5 so you're forced to buy the console if you're interested in those titles. I wont be shocked if the Xbox Series X stays at $350 going forward.

My xsx downloades crap at 610 Mbps generally and our PS5 struggles to do half of this.

You probably already know, but if you have a game running in the background still, then that significantly impacts download speed it seems, on both consoles. I'm on Starlink and both consoles pretty much max out my connection at ~200 Mb when there's no games running, but with anything running they seem to cap at ~50 Mb or less.

Check the seller. The $440 price is from a third party.
IMO the problem with Xbox not selling as well as the PS5 is that they don't have any true exclusive titles. Every major release is available on PC day one. Sony first party games are only available on the PS5 so you're forced to buy the console if you're interested in those titles. I wont be shocked if the Xbox Series X stays at $350 going forward.
Microsoft doesn't delineate between console and PC gaming anymore. Or mobile and "cloud," for that matter. It's all Xbox to them.

Microsoft doesn't delineate between console and PC gaming anymore. Or mobile and "cloud," for that matter. It's all Xbox to them.
Right, I was referring specifically to the Xbox Series X/S consoles. It's clear that the hardware isn't selling well. Here are some figures:

"The PlayStation 5 is currently ahead by 19.97 million units. The PlayStation 5 has sold 43.87 million units in 35 months, while the Xbox Series X|S sold 23.90 million units. The PlayStation 5 has a 64.7 percent marketshare (+4.9% year-over-year), compared to 35.3 percent for the Xbox Series X|S (-4.9% year-over-year)."

Back