Multiple profiles in 'Document's and settings' - Help!

slowbiz

2[H]4U
This has been driving me nuts forever. Every time I visit my parents house, I have to do a major cleanup of my dad's pc. I can't ever figure this one out. Any help would be appreciated.

profilesos0.jpg

Notice the two 'Robert' profiles? The one that is actually used is the Robert.PC986... one. There is only one profile on this computer that actually works.

Here's what shows under computer management->
adminised8.jpg

You cannot delete the 'Robert' folder from Windows in any kind of mode. Access is denied. I tried to even use the delprof.exe command to do this and here's what I got->
cmdfl0.jpg

Can you even delete the administrator account?

Anyways, I want to merge those two profiles so that there is only one profile folder called 'Robert'. The thing has a gig of data on it, and space is at a premium on this machine.

Any ideas?

Generally, you don't screw with profiles there.

Right-click Computer- Properties- Advanced- Settings (Under User Profiles).

That's where you can move/copy/delete those folders the "correct" way. Give that a shot!

Generally, you don't screw with profiles there.

Right-click Computer- Properties- Advanced- Settings (Under User Profiles).

That's where you can move/copy/delete those folders the "correct" way. Give that a shot!

I've never seen that area for profile editing before.

It's not bringing up both of the 'Robert' profiles. Hmm. Nobody seems to know. The folders shown under the one I want to delete are rubbish like "download manager" and "gay toolbar".

It's just letting me delete the administrator account, which once again surprises me, but I'm going to leave that account alone.

I've never seen that area for profile editing before.

It's not bringing up both of the 'Robert' profiles. Hmm. Nobody seems to know. The folders shown under the one I want to delete are rubbish like "download manager" and "gay toolbar".

It's just letting me delete the administrator account, which once again surprises me, but I'm going to leave that account alone.

Well that's just the PROFILES, not the accounts themselves. Just the data, so to speak. If you delete it, it'll actually build a new one at logon again.

Anyway, get the data you need off of the regular Robert profile (the one you want to delete). Then boot into a *nix Live CD (Ultimate Boot CD or something) and nuke that profile off of the disk.

Back