Multiple Monitor Question...

Port replicators don't add more vga outputs, they just 'replicate' the ones you have. Look into the matrox triple head to go...

Port replicators don't add more vga outputs, they just 'replicate' the ones you have. Look into the matrox triple head to go...
I included the port replicator cuz I was simply telling you what I had, in case it mattered. The Matrox DualHead2Go would work for me, wouldn't it?

Actually, it seems the DualHead2Go just makes the PC see the 2 monitors as 1 big widescreen monitor, so it's not like adding 2 separate monitors. I'm assuming I can't use both the VGA and DVI outputs at the same time with the laptop display?

I guess I'm mis-understanding what your looking for or needing. If your wanting to dual screen and your card doesn't have two outputs, a cable like that will usually do that for you. I know at work, I've got some of our PCs setup with something like this, since the video card only has one DVI port, this allways two monitors and then you setup in settings for dual screen.

And maybe I pasted the wrong cable, but I'm sure you can find a cable on that site that should take care of your problem.

Sorry if it's not any help. =\

Back