Much Love for AI7!

ryaneverett

Limp Gawd
I just this board from newegg, and it's great! Anyone looking for an 865 board.. this is the best of the 3 I've used so far. Just wanted to put this out for the search to pick up! :D

Can't get it stable at 250 mhz FSB. Using a new 2.6c so its probably my damn Kingston HyperX PC4000. I hear that it's good to fix the northbridge with some good thermal paste because they did a crap job on that.

This ram is more like hyperASS. Won't even run at its rated settings.

Wang

How did you get around the Chip being not centered under the Heatsink? Does it cause heating issues and what is the max temp on this cpu on the board.

I got my 2.4B up to 2.8 stable on stock cooler....(specs in sig)

As the orientation of the heatsink, its fine. just make sure its cleaned and u use artic silver (as usual).

I am not really an overclocker, as I don't play anything that needs that much speed nor do I feel the need to compensate for anything, so I can't tell you how high it will go... just that I am very happy with it.

Cool. I just got this motherboard as well. Can't wait to get the system set up, I'm waiting for ram and a case.

The orientation shouldn't be too bad, it's just pivoted to 45 degrees, so the mounting brackets should still center the HSF over the core of the CPU.

Thanks I'll have to remove the heatsink and put the stuff on it. I was told to remove the heatsink after the computer had warmed up so that it will come off without pulling up the chip. Guess I need to do something right now while its sitting in in screen saver going with I use a picture slideshow the temp on the processor is 60c or so with the case temp being 40c. when I touch the case it does feel warm though my room temp is about 68f I know i have to get a better case for air flow in the case but I wondered if the chip placement was wrong and justed wanted help. Thanks for the information I'll try and take care of it this weekend.

After hours of gaming, my CPU (stock intel cooling) never gets over 50C. You might have a different problem if it's getting up to 60C. It usually runs about 45. I hate to ask, but are you sure you removed the plastic cover off of the thermal paste on your heat sink?

Or maybe you have one of those new Intel "Prescott" brand ovens.

Originally posted by Wangdang
Can't get it stable at 250 mhz FSB. Using a new 2.6c so its probably my damn Kingston HyperX PC4000. I hear that it's good to fix the northbridge with some good thermal paste because they did a crap job on that.

This ram is more like hyperASS. Won't even run at its rated settings.

Wang
It probably your cpu. 2.6's dont like to oc that much.

Back