MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming Intel Z87 @ Frys(instore) $55 AR

aznever

Gawd
Link

newegg link for reference and reviews

a solid z87 gaming board for $55 after $40 rebate for instore pickup only with high availability.

http://images.frys.com/art/rebates_pdf/7698137_120414.pdf

1024.png

Pjxp2CN.png

Last edited:
I got this motherboard for my kids on Christmas Eve. With an 17 4790k for $310 plus a rebate for $40. Greta motherboard.

I'm thinking about picking this up even though I have no need to upgrade my 3570k. Great deal!

God dammit! No fry's or microcenter anywhere close!!! FAAAAAAACCCCCKKK.

@dragonhunter , MrC4
I see, I thought I could upgrade my old Z68 board with 2600K to this board

Great deal, thinking about this and getting a 4790k from MCenter (if available in Tustin). Been rocking my 2500k for two years now, love it but hard to pass such a mobo deal.

Thanks for the post... hate you for the wallet hit if I buy! :cool:

Update - picked up the mobo using in store pick up option for the Anaheim location, pretty painless but for those doing this for the first time, go to the register for it, not the PC area like the email says.

Went to Tustin Microcenter close to my house, scored an 4790k for 249. They have a lot in the glass case but the price on the shelf shows 279... talked to the guy who helped me out and told him it was 249 online... he said yeah they sold out of those.... but he would give it to me for 249. While he was building my quote it came up as 249 so just FYI, be friendly and ask for the right price!

I'll work on building this week... debating if I want to get new SSD's or just replace my 2500k and mobo with this and rock on with Win 7 for now (may go Win 10 for testing).

Cheers and happy holidays. :D

Funny thing is we even had the MSI Z87-G41 for 9 dollars after rebate...lol. If you had signed up for the Fry's promo code system. Bought one that I'm going to use for my uncle rig ^_^.

Nice was considering updating my pc from i5 2500k to newer i7 or upgrading my htpc with an i7 920 in it. Cant decide! I see that $9 motherboard too but reviews are sketchy for what ill be using as a 24/7 pc

Promotion code: 2152315

Takes off another $30 or so

Was this a unique promo code you got in an email?

Have you tried using this at Fry's? So if this works, then this mobo would be 25 after MIR :eek:

Ha yeah today's fry's email has a new promo code for this mobo, down to $29 for it... I'll go back and get a refund today. Thanks for the heads up MuZI.

Was this a unique promo code you got in an email?

Have you tried using this at Fry's? So if this works, then this mobo would be 25 after MIR :eek:

Fry's codes are unique, sometimes they will be burned even if you haven't used them... always good to hassle them in store with your phone/email showing the code if you have to, for those of us that live near fry's. I did not get the prompt to enter a code online yesterday for a thumb drive deal, during in store pick up, they added the code without a problem. Fry's has the worst site past the online ads.

I do not even need this motherboard, but I bit. The deal was cheap before, but now with the promo code, totally worth my 10 minute detour after work.

Fry's codes are unique, sometimes they will be burned even if you haven't used them... always good to hassle them in store with your phone/email showing the code if you have to, for those of us that live near fry's. I did not get the prompt to enter a code online yesterday for a thumb drive deal, during in store pick up, they added the code without a problem. Fry's has the worst site past the online ads.

Yeah I just checked my email and saw it. Maybe it's time to upgrade from 2500k with this board and 4790k cpu

Anybody know of a CPU on sale that would be compatible with this? I currently have an i7 930

Anybody know of a CPU on sale that would be compatible with this? I currently have an i7 930

The "best" cpu you can get with this motherboard is 4790k. If you live by a microcenter store, i hear you can get one for around $250

The "best" cpu you can get with this motherboard is 4790k. If you live by a microcenter store, i hear you can get one for around $250

I was thinking more in the $100 range give or take. And that would be much better than my i7 930. If that option even exists haha.

I got this motherboard for my kids on Christmas Eve. With an 17 4790k for $310 plus a rebate for $40. Greta motherboard.
Was the rebate another $40 dollar rebate for the CPU or are you talking about the $40 dollar rebate for the motherboard?

I bought a board and have it sitting there for pickup but I'm not sure if I'm going to pick it up because I have an MSI Z97 PC Mate and can't decide if this is an upgrade, downgrade, or sidegrade.

Anyone have a promo code they are willing to share with me? I decided to get the mobo after posting my code.

Anyone have a promo code they are willing to share with me? I decided to get the mobo after posting my code.

I saw they have kiosks setup for you to sing up for promo codes, located in front near the return desk in Anaheim store. You may be able to walk in and get that setup but not sure how fast the code will be available to you. My bro signed up several times in November using online, didn't start to receive his codes until last week.

Good luck, killer deal, it's $69 with the code (before the $40 rebate).

Back