MSI Wind Blank Screen and Sleep Mode due to Overclocking?

I have an MSI Wind laptop that had a failed Windows XP recovery.
The initial problem is ntoskrnl cannot be found. I don't have a Windows XP CD here with me, so I'm trying to install Ubuntu Hardy Heron via USB. Now the next problem is, that the laptop turns on initially and then I choose the default options in BIOS and press F10 to save and exit. Afterwards, the rebooting hangs on a black screen (NO VIDEO). When there's a hang, I switch off the power button and then press the power switch again to turn the laptop on. What happens is that the laptop shows the sleep button being on and still no video. Every time I let the PC rest for around 20 minutes then switch on the power button, the laptop successfully shows the POST screen and I can enter setup again.

I'm thinking that the problem is with MSI Wind's overclocking not being able to cope up with the reboot.

* Is my laptop not handling overclocking properly?

* How do I enable the MSI Wind laptop to turn on successfully every time I reboot it?

* How do i successfully install Ubuntu Heron, or could there still be some way to recover Windows XP without having the CD or the serial?

Roll back your overclock and see if it works? Not really sure what other answer you're expecting.

Sounds like the hard drive is flaking out tbh.

I didn't do any overclocking. I'm just guessing that it's a default because the cover has a Turbo Engine sticker. If it sounds to you like a flaking hard drive I'm guessing that could be true. :cat:

Anyway I also think that a defective battery could have been used but I'm not sure how that would cause such mess with the booting process.

Back