MSI Launches The GTX 980 Ti GAMING 6G

From B&H:

Shipping Method: EXPEDITED DELIVERY
Scheduled Arrival Date: 07/02/15

Yay!

This is just fucking grand. I cancelled my BH order since guy said no stock till 10th. I go through hoops to get 1 MSI gaming and 1 Classified from newegg both of which have shipped so now cannot cancel. And this happens.

Just my luck and lack of patience lol.

If it makes you feel any better, same thing happened to me. I didn't think B&H would get them in stock anytime soon so I ordered one from Newegg this morning.

In any case at least Newegg was quick in shipping it.

I was so pissed I bitched at newegg for my Classified not coming with Batman AK and got a code for it. :p.

My B&H order also shipped. Won't see it until Monday, but no complaints here, relaxing long weekend before I abandon my family for gaming.

Mine shipped yesterday and I had expedited shipping but it ended up being sent ground from california to the east coast. Only got a 10$ credit and now have to wait a week + to get it and I won't even be around next week. gooooooooooooooooood times.

Ill be getting additional screws and such as I'd like to keep the plate for looks and rigidity. Plus I'm guessing the back plate is what the vrm/ram sink screws into as well. I'll post detailed pics and info Friday so people can decide if they'd like to go through it as well.

I dont know if this was already mentioned but this uses the same exact cooler as on the 980 and 970. Seems crazy that it can cope with the much bigger 980 ti chip.

I was so pissed I bitched at newegg for my Classified not coming with Batman AK and got a code for it. :p.

Sweet, gratz!

However, to be fair it isn't that great a deal.
99 cent value.

. .
I decided to pull trigger next time I saw MSI 980 TI Gaming in stock at Newegg.
I expect it should arrive if not on Friday, (unlikely) then surely by Monday--Tuesday
next week.
Wee.
Upgrading from a measly GTX970 Windforce just cause of Ark Survival (yah, I know it is not a smart idea and am prepared to be unimpressed by improvment over GTX970)
and Euro Truck SImulator 2 which could use a boost as I run it maxed at 400 scaling and
hoping for solid 60FPS rather than seeing dips to 40's at times when I run map mods...

I also rationalized that I will upgrade sometime later this year from my 1920x1200 IPS
Dell panel to some 1440P IPS G-Sync 27 plus incher. Which makes some sense.

2015-07-01 22:14:05 Arrived at FedEx location FEDEX SMARTPOST INDIANAPOLIS, IN
2015-07-01 20:59:46 Shipment information sent to FedEx

ONce I get it up and running I'll try to recall and report back on any improvement
I may or may not see on Ark Survival.

Can you test the noise and temp at 100% fan?

So this is strictly subjective since I do not have a way to monitor actual noise levels, but the fans at 100% are honestly not very loud IMO, but you can certainly hear them. They seem about on par with my Asus DCII R9 290 when it is at 55% fan.

Temps are actually much improved at 100% fan. Granted this is a different day so room temps could vary by a couple degrees. OC'd Metro LL temps dropped from a max of 81C yesterday down to 71C. That is using +87mv and I applied +500 memory and +160 core, which boosted up to 1506Mhz, but mostly stayed around 1481Mhz. With those same OC settings running Valley, I saw a peak of 69C and peak sustained boost of 1506-1519Mhz. Both tests were done at 1440p and looped for about 10 minutes each.

So this is strictly subjective since I do not have a way to monitor actual noise levels, but the fans at 100% are honestly not very loud IMO, but you can certainly hear them. They seem about on par with my Asus DCII R9 290 when it is at 55% fan.

Temps are actually much improved at 100% fan. Granted this is a different day so room temps could vary by a couple degrees. OC'd Metro LL temps dropped from a max of 81C yesterday down to 71C. That is using +87mv and I applied +500 memory and +160 core, which boosted up to 1506Mhz, but mostly stayed around 1481Mhz. With those same OC settings running Valley, I saw a peak of 69C and peak sustained boost of 1506-1519Mhz. Both tests were done at 1440p and looped for about 10 minutes each.

Thanks. I plan on running mine at 80-100% fan at peak. I play games with the volume up, so I'm not too obsessed about the sound as long as it's reasonable.

Mine just shipped from B&H. It shipped from...NY. I thought these were shipping from CA?

I ordered mine yesterday from Newegg and also came from INDIANAPOLIS, IN

Scheduled for del tomorrow :)

Mine is arriving today but the assholes at Newegg won't return my faulty Gigabyte G1 gaming, and only give me store credit so I have to fucking return the MSI unopened to get my money back from that and then reorder all over again, but i'll probably get the new Asus STRIX this time.

Mine is arriving today but the assholes at Newegg won't return my faulty Gigabyte G1 gaming, and only give me store credit so I have to fucking return the MSI unopened to get my money back from that and then reorder all over again, but i'll probably get the new Asus STRIX this time.
I got them to refund me on the first 980 Ti I ordered instead of just store credit but the person I was chatting with had to go it approved. Heck they even told me to keep the Batman code and gave me a small $5 gift card to help with original shipping. Of course after selling the Batman code I ended up making money by returning the card.

They are probably all going to run hot and loud in that small case of yours.

Why are you playing musical chairs with video cards?
Strix is shit. G1 is the best if you don't care about coil whine, otherwise MSI is the best.

I got them to refund me on the first 980 Ti I ordered instead of just store credit but the person I was chatting with had to go it approved. Heck they even told me to keep the Batman code and gave me a small $5 gift card to help with original shipping. Of course after selling the Batman code I ended up making money by returning the card.

They are probably all going to run hot and loud in that small case of yours.

God damnit, I KNEW people were getting their money back on previous 980Ti orders, and no matter what I did, after 2 reps, they woudln't do it. And does this look like a small case to you?

ZcpRDbK.jpg

My STRIX 980 has been an awesome card, sorry Asus touched you badly in the night one time.
Yeah well early reviews of the new DC3 don't look so good.
If you didn't like the G1 or the MSI I can guarantee you, you'll hate the DC3 even more.

Lols, one poor review out of the DOZENS great ones on that case? I beg to disagree on your viewpoint and they were using the stock fans and layout, mine is upgraded with better fans and cleaner wiring, and i'll never go back to towers.

Sorry to burst your bubble but again that is not an appropriate case for a high end build if you dont want things to run hot and loud. They added a rear fan and it still was not enough airflow for high end stuff.

Sorry to burst your bubble but again that is not an appropriate case for a high end build if you dont want things to run hot and loud. They added a rear fan and it still was not enough airflow for high end stuff.

I beg to disagree but whatever

Refuse and insist on a refund. Threaten to go to your credit card company. Return the card to them with proof and the CC will get you your money back.

Refuse and insist on a refund. Threaten to go to your credit card company. Return the card to them with proof and the CC will get you your money back.

I did and they still refused at newegg, only offering me store credit as a RARE exception. I may have to get VISA involved if this is how Newegg is nowadays.

Don't all of the 980 Tis at Newegg specifically say no refunds, replacement only?

It doesn't matter. They can say what they want. If you buy with a credit card, and the store refuses to take it back, you get to keep the card and get your money back. Read your credit card benefits package.

You're the customer and you paid with a credit card. You have all the power.

It doesn't matter. They can say what they want. If you buy with a credit card, and the store refuses to take it back, you get to keep the card and get your money back. Read your credit card benefits package.

You're the customer and you paid with a credit card. You have all the power.

You will get blacklisted by the store for doing that.

As long as the refund gift card has no expiration date, what's the difference between that and a refund?
We both know you're going to spend $650 @ Newegg sometime between now and eternity.

I would never shop at NewEgg if that's their policy. There are plenty of stores with better customer service.

Microcenter tried to pull a fast one on me before. I tried to return a motherboard because it's defective. The return guy said I caused the damage so they refused to take it back (there's no signs of damage on it). I was pissed. I called up my credit card company and complained, and I ended up with my money back and the broken motherboard which I tossed in the trash can.

As long as the refund gift card has no expiration date, what's the difference between that and a refund?
We both know you're going to spend $650 @ Newegg sometime between now and eternity.

Because I would take the money and buy my GPU at Amazon instead.

Problem is Newegg is pretty much it when it comes to online computer hardware. It's still tax free in most states and the prices are cheaper there 99% of the time. Very rarely do you get better deals at amazon and now amazon is starting to charge tax in more and more states. I still tend to go with amazon for 99% of my purchases even if it costs more because they have hands down the best custom service available.

Back